Hello all, I went through the other day to set up my 8703e to try ... General Blackberry forum

neon0107 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B0A0AD

Teathering with Verizon

Advertisement

Hello all, I went through the other day to set up my 8703e to try and teather it through the bb and surf the web. I have verizon, and found out that the VZAccess Manager Software that is needed, is not supported on Vista. Imagine that !!!! They say late april, but you know they will not meet that. I was woundering if there is any other way to teather through the bb with out having to use VZAccess Manager.

Thanks in advance

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Teathering with Verizon

Sure thing, set up a new internet dial up connection, leave the password and username blank, and set the dial up number to #777. You need to have desktop manager open to be able to connect to the dial up.

Let us know how it goes.

neon0107 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B0A0AD

Re: Teathering with Verizon

Thanks CP6169, I will try that tonight. Do you know, if using this method, will it use the unlimited dataplan, or do I still need to purchase that other 15 a month fee that charge you for using VZAccess Manager?

dvst8ion no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by cp6169 View Post
    Sure thing, set up a new internet dial up connection, leave the password and username blank, and set the dial up number to #777. You need to have desktop manager open to be able to connect to the dial up.

Let us know how it goes.

My connection stopped working so I tried this and it has an error saying user name and password are incorrect. Any ideas?
    Once you go Black(berry) you'll never go back!!!