Hey guys.. Just a question. As some of you know, I currently live in colombia ... General Blackberry forum

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5

TCP Settings

Advertisement

Hey guys..
    Just a question. As some of you know, I currently live in colombia south america. And a year or so ago I tried to enable my TCP setting so i can take advantage of other apps that requiere the APN settings to work.. however, for some reason when my phone bill came for that month it was sky high. Needless to say I deleted all the information and got rid of the apps that wouldnt work.
    I was just curious why that happened.. There are apps that need to have that set up for it to work.. like Opera mini, irc chats, etc. any info please let me know.
    I have a BB 8100 with OS 4.5.0.55 and my pin is 2056B055.
    Thanks
    PS... my service provider wont give out their tcp settings..

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I saw that you mentioned this in another thread, Mr. Carter. Are you sure the settings you had before were specific to your carrier?

Hey Rogro, yeah.. I mentioned it in another post but i thought it would be best to start my own thread about my specific issue. Here in colombia my service provider is Comcel
    I used as my apn: internet.comcel.com.co
    Username: comcelweb
    password: comcelweb
    By the extension ending on .co means is colombia.
    But i got charged for all the month i had that enabled.
    If you have the APN setting for a different carrier, what would that do? how would that affect your BB?

Did you check that web site I posted in the other thread?

www.phoneontherun.com

It's showing different settings for Comcel than what you have above. Check it out.

Hey Rogro thanks for answering so quickly. Yes I had checked it out. In that site I saw the one that says comcelwap. however, here they told me (back then) that if I browse the internet using wap i would get charged. That's why i didn't even try it. In fact, i went the extra mile and canceled the option of wap browsing to avoid additional charges.
    Im screwed, right? :cry:

Hm. Well as far as I know, the settings on that site are pretty up to date. They have an e-mail address on the home page for questions about settings not working, etc. Perhaps you can e-mail them to see what they know. Do you know of any other BlackBerry users on the same network as you?

Yes, I will contact them and see what I can figure out. Thanks again for all your help.
    No, I dont no any other BB users on my same network. In fact i only know a handful of people that has Blackberries here in colombia.
    Again, thanks for everything!

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but to be honest, it doesn't make sense for those TCP settings to be published information if the carrier is going to charge you to use them.

Hey no prob. I will check up with my carrier again see what they say. Again, thanks!