What are the differences? Calendar has all the options of both the task and Memo. ... General Blackberry forum

jindragon no está en línea Stack level 2

Task, Calendar and Memo

Advertisement

What are the differences? Calendar has all the options of both the task and Memo. Why is there 3 different ways to remind oneself?
    Never had a data phone before... that's why I'm asking. Can someone kindly explain to me why someone would use all these of these options? Thanks!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Task, Calendar and Memo

very good question. I deleted the Task program from my BB since using the calendar there's no need for it. Memo can coming handy for shoping list, list of things I have to do on pinstack etc It can also be deleted in options / advanced / applications

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I use the Calendar for appointments and meetings, and Tasks for things that I need to track Progress on or that last more than just a short time. It's a personal preference and just the way I work. And Like hydn, I use the Memo Pad for Notes and Lists, but sometimes I will copy a portion of a permanent list into a task so I can have a reminder and the list in the same spot. And I keep a memo of formated links that I use often when posting to the Stacks from my BB, it saves a lot of typing and mistakes.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I use tasks for jotting down things that I need to do, but dont have a time limit on doing them. I use memos for things that are important to me, websites I need to remember, links to ota downloads, etc. I use the calender for things that I need to be reminded about, for instance meetings, things that will happen at a certain time.

eddie8 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317eec66

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

eddie8 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317eec66

Not sure you are aware of this but in os 4.1 your tasks will show up in your calander. Pretty cool option. I like all my stuff showing up in one spot. Hope this helps.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I use the calandar for time sensitive things, work schedule, etc.
    The tasks list is good for things like 'wash the car', 'write a resume', things that will be done within a week or so. If a task has been in my list too long, I'll give it a time limit or move it to the calandar.
    In my memo pad I have a 'to download' list, a list I call 'conversation starters' with all sorts of interesting subjects and some other random stuff like grocery lists, but I usually just email that to my phone. Another great use for the memo pad is holding conversations in noisy places like bars. It's amazing how well you can communicate to someone without ever saying a word. Just jack up the font a couple of points and hand them your BB with memo pad open to a sentence or two. (Not recommended for trying to meet people you don't know)