Here's the situation, I have and am using a VZW 9530 with the latest software ... General Blackberry forum

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Tale of Two BlackBerries

Advertisement

Here's the situation, I have and am using a VZW 9530 with the latest software updates and the 4.7 DM. I purchased a VZW 8330 (used) and have it all transferred from the original owner, BIS acct deleted and phone released, I'm all good. However, it still has a 4.3 OS version on it. This phone is only a backup phone in case something happens to my Storm and I need something quick, that's the only time I will activate it.
    Here's the question: Will DM 4.7 work with the 8330? if so, will it still work with the 9530? Or... will I have to install an earlier version of DM or install the older in a non-default location? I'd like to be able to keep both synced and backed up on my PC. Anyone doing this, or have a 2 BB family with the same situation?
    I'd also like to update the OS on the 8330 to the current VZW version via DM.
    Last edited by MeatLoafT; 06-25-2009 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Forgot something

drice30721 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20EF37F6
    The DM should still work on your 8330. I use DM 4.6, for all my devices.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Yes it will work, but the 4.7 has proven to be a bit buggy. You may want to use an older version such as the 4.5 or 4.6.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I have heard that too but have recently come to LOve 4.7 and it works great for all my devices: 8120,8310,8320,8900
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sweet deal! I haven't had as much trouble with 4.7 as I did with earlier versions though. I used to get the blue screen of death when I unplugged my 8830.... lol. Anyway, Thank you for the responses!