Hello everyone, my problem is that whenever I need to do a restart or need ... General Blackberry forum

mocerino no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31801AC9

Taking 15 Min to Restart?

Advertisement

Hello everyone, my problem is that whenever I need to do a restart or need to do a battery pull it takes almost 15 minutes to fully load up. I have timed it. Its really annoying because sometimes my unit will all of the sudden reboot for no apparant reason. Ill put it from the holster to check the time and its restarting. I don't know what is causing it to take this long to come back up. I do have a few programs on my blackberry, but not an exessive amount. I tried cleaning out the applications that I don't use. Didn't help. What I do have is a little over 8,000 SMS. I'm not sure if that's the reason. Why I have this many, I don't know. Anyway, sorry for the long post, but if anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Thank you for any help. I know that I can get answers here. Thank you. -Joe

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Taking 15 Min to Restart?

Try clearing out the texts by going to the SMS folder, scroll up to where the date shows, click on the menu and choose "Delete Prior". If that doesn't help, backup your phone, then wipe (using the Desktop Manager or Javaloader) and reload the OS. If that doesn't work, take it back and get it replaced. Your BB should take no longer than 5 minutes to boot up unless you are upgrading/reloading the OS which can take 20-30 minutes.

One question LOL How in the world did you end up with 8000 texts? My 7100t started throwing Java errors when it hit 3000 LOL

Edit: Mine takes about 1 minute to reboot normally.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 03-13-2007 at 09:00 PM.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

wow even 5 minutes is crazy... mine takes about 60 to 90 seconds...
    and yeah 8,000 text? wth?? hope that is from "over time" and not all in the last week lol
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Or the other way to wipe the device (if you have this feature enabled to lock people out of your device who may be nosey) is to enter the device password incorrectly 10 times and it will wipe the device for you. This is the slow way to get it wiped.

PIN/ID
    31801AC9

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks, I will try to clear all that out. The reason for 8000 texts is 1) I do text a lot (about 2500-3000 a month) and 2) I set it to keep forever cause I wanted to see how far back it would go. But now, I wanna try to get to 10,000 texts. I know, sounds stupid but I guess that's what's causing to long re-boot. When I 1st got it, it would take about 3 min which is better than my 7100t did. Thanks everyone

You're welcome. I would not advise keeping so many texts as it will just keep causing the slow reboots. Like I said above, my 7100t started flipping out at 3000. I can't imagine what it would have done at 8000 or 10,000 texts.

PIN/ID
    31801AC9

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Hey guys, just to let u know... I did get rid of a lot of programs I really didn't us, and got rid of othere the other things I don't use. I timed my restart, 22 min!!!!

WOW 22 min??? Sounds like you might have to replace it soon cause that's just too slow. By the way, my Pearl crashed over the weekend while attempting to upgrade. Shut down completely. It took me all night to get it back up and running. Thought I was gonna have to send it in but I saved it. Let this be a warning that there are limits to these devices.

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

22 min...that is preety slow!