Just found this, it is a nice looking phone but I'm still waiting for the ... General Blackberry forum

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

T-Mobile Android, Targeting Blackberry Users?

Advertisement

Just found this, it is a nice looking phone but I'm still waiting for the Bold.

T-Mobile, the country's fourth largest cell service provider, will unveil the G1 today, the first mobile phone to feature Google's Android operating system. The much-anticipated device, which would be iPhone's main competitor, is now said to come with free Gmail access, targeting Blackberry users.

[Read More]
    Last edited by DjSmooth; 09-23-2008 at 09:23 AM.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Looks nice and all, but it's no Blackberry so the phone is a no thank you. Good looks on the info though.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.69 OS Beta!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jsenn no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2491D393
    Now that I have one, I will never buy anything other than a BB.

thedrizz1913 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Well, T-Mobile has since pulled the name of the phone. They are no longer calling it the G1 or the dream, it's just referred to as the Android Project. I just won an 8220 at work so I can't wait for that to come in. Regardless of your preference, T-Mobile will finally make up some ground in the "cool" handset race.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Lucky you thedrizz1913!!!!!

Once a BB user, always a BB user!!!!

thedrizz1913 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by moses2628 View Post
    Lucky you thedrizz1913!!!!!

Once a BB user, always a BB user!!!!
    Yeah I love blackberry contests at work because you either win or you don't. We had to sell 10 berries with a data plan. The kicker was that it didn't have to be a new line! Upgrades counted and the first month of data was free. I would've killed myself if I didn't win.

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    The Gphone may be good for us... It might induce RIM to enhance or speed up enhancing BBs

dr_devious no está en línea Themes Pro
    There will always be things that come out that are flashier than BB, but at the end of the day we always know we will get something stable, has good battery life, and is relatively secure.
    BlackBerry Themes:
    From your PC: www.socksinsideout.com
    From you BB: mobile.socksinsideout.com

Questions:
    Email me: sales@socksinsideout.com

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    Well Being a Unix user myself for many many years. I might actually check this phone out.
    Depending on what people start coding for me. It might be worth a Switch :x

Mobile1Creek no está en línea Stack level 1
    The built in compass feature is pretty sweet. Using the street view POV looks pretty cool. I'm also a loyal BB user, and probobly won't use the new G1.

kreesedup no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bc9b43
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_devious View Post
    There will always be things that come out that are flashier than BB, but at the end of the day we always know we will get something stable, has good battery life, and is relatively secure.

Thinking the same thing though, supposedly Sprints also getting an android handset before the end of the year. Might have to jump into it for a little bit, though I've always come back to my 8830we .
    "This life almost didn't happen"

ebanga no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24352F80
    I'm not sure if the G1 is targeting BBerry users, if you look at all of the Android partners and affiliates you will notice the BlackBerry logo, maybe we will see a few BB apps ported over to the Android platform ie: BB mesenger or push email. Anyway I don't see it as a threat to BB enthusiasts at all. Android has some very fascinating concepts and I would love to see how RIM's involvement (if any) pans out.
    Ebanga
    <Message sent via BlackBerry 8320>

jhall1986 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Its more about the OS than the phone itself. It has a lot of great things I like in it. Amazon music store I buy tunes from amazon all the time which is good because I can transfer them over my psp and ps3 without drm. Push gmail is nice my blackberry has it also. The iphone no! The cloud is cool and sure the Iphone has it but 99 bucks a year is to much to sync info OTA. Its not locked down or closed to anyone can develop for it.