I service and install blackberry's for the company I work for and I've noticed that ... General Blackberry forum

yo_fishy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DFE2F1

T-Mobile 7290 v4.1.0.309 software

Advertisement

I service and install blackberry's for the company I work for and I've noticed that T-Mobile units are now coming out with the newest version of their software (4.1.0.309). Now, whenever a user syncs his address book with Lotus Notes, they receive an error, "Unable to write or update application data." Any Cingular units that now come in have v4.1.0.292 and Lotus Notes address book sync's fine with that software. I've placed a call into RIM and I was told that the first name, last name and company field have to be filled out in the Lotus Notes address book because the 4.1 software now looks for these three fields as necessary fields (even though I have no issue with Cingular's 4.1 handheld software). I'm running desktop software 4.1 and have tried earlier versions. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Your help is much appreciatted.

d_fisher no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: T-Mobile 7290 v4.1.0.309 software

I have had not problem with the T-Mobile version. The only time I saw that message was for a user on Nextel. And just as RIM stated, the problem was an entry in the users addres book that didn't have a first name listed.

PIN/ID
    23DFE2F1

Do you also sync with Lotus Notes? I just think it would be pretty crazy to come out with a version of software and make it mandatory to put something in the company field, even for personal contacts. I have 423 contacts in my address book and so far the fix is adding the comapny name or "none" in the field, or downgrading the unit to 4.0.2.32.

PIN/ID
    23DFE2F1

So far the only answer I have gotten is that it is a known issue with RIM. This software only works well with Lotus Notes 5.0.14 or higher and we are running 5.0.12. Any thoughts? Cingular units work fine. I've deleted my vendor.xml and installed the 4.1.0.292 cingular software on my t-mobile unit and had the same issue.

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

I take calls on this a couple times a day and it is usually the incomplete fields. The same thing happens with calendar attachments in outlook.

PIN/ID
    23DFE2F1

I just upgraded my Notes to Domino 6.5 and the problem went away. Now when I add contacts in Notes, even if the Company field is empty, all addresses sync fine to the BB. Wierd huh? Well, I appreciate eveyones help.