So this a question for everyone out there who uses either phone (any 8120 works ... General Blackberry forum

eburganjr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245F43BB

T-Mo Pearl 8120 vs Curve

Advertisement

So this a question for everyone out there who uses either phone (any 8120 works since TMO's isn't out yet i suppose). But I've had my Pearl 8100 since August of '07. Now I don't keep phones for very long at all. If I can keep my current Pearl until August it'd be a miracle. But I'm due for an upgrade in 3 months and I wanted to know everyone's opinion on Upgrading to an 8120, Curve, or should I hold out for the "rumored" slider BB?? I love my Pearl, don't get me wrong, but the curve is attractive especially with the QWERTY keyboard and WiFi. What do you all think?

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    i would assume the slider wont be out toil the end of the year or until 2009. Also who knows what carrier will carry it. Think about a few things as well...do you want a full qwerty or are you comfortable with suretype. The curve isn't too much bigger than thw 8120 series.
    Me personally I would go with the curve
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    I would go with the Curve also unless your a suretype person.

~via True BlackBerry 8320 (wap.pinstack.com)~

pumpkin24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I can't decide between the 2 either....what a decision...I have had the pearl and the curve...I heard that the pearl2 battery does not last very long. The curve battery lasted me 2 days... I just can't make up my mind....

SalaH no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2110bdb6
    curv with all the chating me and my friends do in the bb messenger and when we start what we call "flooding" the room with smilies the ppl in the room with the perl usually have to do a reset and most of the curv's just slow down for a little while so just goes to show u that the curv is more durable even if its a flood.

BB for ever.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The screen size difference is huge! If you already have a pearl I think you should try the curve. I can't see 1 advantage the 8120 has over the 8320. Esp. When we get the os upgrade! But the screen size is the biggest differece for me with the full keyboard running a close second.

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3
    Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The screen size difference is huge! If you already have a pearl I think you should try the curve. I can't see 1 advantage the 8120 has over the 8320. Esp. When we get the os upgrade! But the screen size is the biggest differece for me with the full keyboard running a close second.
    Bulk and portability. A lot of Pearl fans are attracted by its smaller form factor.

The Curve does have more screen realestate - these are just some of the reasons people are torn between the two when trying to decide. Sometimes it's not that easy

PIN/ID
    245F43BB
    Well, the Curve isn't that much bigger than the Pearl. But I still have a few months to make up my mind...ahh! They're both so attractive! Now there's no Curve 2s are there??? I don't want to get it and then hear that the "Curve 2" is on it's way...lol I have bad luck with phones like that...

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5
    They are actually making the Curve 3 now! Just like the 4.3 OS and jumping to the 4.5 instead. Why make a 2 when you can make a 3.

I'm currently using and loving my Pearl 8190. It's pretty swoooooeeeeeet!!!!!! It has both GPS and Wifi, bluetooth, a built in FM radio, both the Qwerty and Suretype keyboards so I can pick which one I want on a given day, touch screen, and even a built in secretary to answer my phone calls when I am not available as well as give me a shave whenever I need it. Now that's service!

If you wanna see a screen shot of the Pearl 8190 just go to our friend: Google.
    Last edited by alwaysbelieve1; 03-23-2008 at 01:28 PM.
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

PIN/ID
    245F43BB
    begin sarcasm:
    Dude! you must tell me where you got it! I definately have to get one. Only like $1000, right?
    ends sarcasm...

but yea, i'll make my mind sooner or later...nothing like waiting for your full upgrade...

Quote Originally Posted by eburganjr View Post
    begin sarcasm:
    Dude! you must tell me where you got it! I definately have to get one. Only like $1000, right?
    ends sarcasm...

but yea, i'll make my mind sooner or later...nothing like waiting for your full upgrade...
    Nope! It's only $99.97 with a BB data plan and new contract or line of service.

BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Excepting the 8190 , my dilemma is the curve's keyboard... I am used to SureType and the qwerty keyboard buttons on the curve seem so small - I'm afraid I'll be constantly aggravated by hitting 2 keys at once! I don't have big hands, but I also don't have much in the way of fingernails. Obviously, I've only tried it out at the store... can anyone let me know if that has been a problem?

I guess just like Suretype you'll get used to it, but it doesn't form fit to your pants pocket as much as the Pearl does.

It is my personal opinion that the Pearl is the absolute best RIM device to date.

BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook