Does anyone know where to acquire the T5 screws that are used on the top ... General Blackberry forum

liquidsense no está en línea Stack level 2

T5 Screws (local, not cnn)

Advertisement

Does anyone know where to acquire the T5 screws that are used on the top of the outside of the Blackberry Curve?

I know places like cnn.cn and bbrepair have them, but they are egregiously priced. Cnn.cn is actually only $2.00, but shipping takes over 2 weeks. And if I expedite, it costs $20.00. If I go with bbrepair, the screws cost $15.00 and shipping is $11.00. All other online vendors price the screws at similar prices.

I refuse to believe that there is not a brick and mortar store that sells these screws. I have physically gone to Home Depot, Lowes, Hobby Lobby, Radio Shack, a cell phone specialty store in Chinatown, and a watch repair kiosk and none of these places have the screw -- or anything even remotely close for that matter.

I'm just so suprised that they don't have these screws anywhere. I mean, Home Depot and Lowes sell the torx screwdriver sets, with T5 heads and other even smaller torx heads; yet they don't carry any hardware upon which those torx screwdrivers fit into? That makes absolutely no sense.

I'm furious right now. I refuse to pay $20-25 dollars for a miniscule screw that is worth $00.025.

Someone please give me some guidance.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    you really don't have to have t5 screw. you just need to make sure it's the same length and thread count. you might have better luck finding a phillips head screw that would work.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

poetic_stud no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215a5bb1
    try home depot i got mine with another set of screws for 10 bucks i was going to paint my bb but found out it was going to void my warranty and changed my mine but yea go into home depot or any hardwarfe store and that should do the trick

poetic_stud no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215a5bb1
    ok so i didnt read the whole blog and posted that before but i did get my torx aka t5 screw from home depot last night

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by poetic_stud View Post
    ok so i didnt read the whole blog and posted that before but i did get my torx aka t5 screw from home depot last night
    if you still have your bag/box that they came in you might give him an item number so he could find them easy at the depot.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Thanks for the info. Where exactly in the Home Depot did you find the screw?

I checked every single screw in the screw/nail aisle of Home Depot and even checked in the "hard to find" screws section. The smallest one was wayyyyy too big for the phone.

I spoke to the employees and they said that they don't carry anything close to what I was looking for. All the screws they carried were for hardware (lumber, sheet metal, sheetrock, plastic, etc). My Home Depot simply does not carry anything for small electronics (or electronics at all).

Which is why I tried Radio Shack. But Radio Shack's smallest screw is way too large too.

I definitely agree that I don't need it to be a torx screw. As long as it is the proper length, diameter, and approximate thread width, it should work just fine. Problem is, no store has anything remotely close to the right size!!!

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_stud View Post
    Are you referring to the t5 screwdriver? Or the t5 screw itself. Could you hit me up with an item number or some other identifying information?

kennedy_84 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302403B0
    have you tried brafasco? not to sure if there in your area or even country. brafasco.com check there location finder.

SamlvsBB no está en línea Stack level 3
    cant find them either.. not sure if any store carries them...