I have 2 Questions that happen when syncing. If contacts are deleted on the blackberry, ... General Blackberry forum

scott0482 no está en línea Stack level 2

Syncing with Outlook Questions

Advertisement

I have 2 Questions that happen when syncing.

If contacts are deleted on the blackberry, they are put back on the blackberry when syncing.

There are 109 items in the "notepad" in outlook, and it only copies 4 of those items on to the blackberry.

the blackberry is an att curve.. 8120? not the newest one, its about 4 months old.
    the blackberry desktop software is the newest one that doesn't have the wavy blue crap in the backgroud that opens twice when windows starts up.

probably v4.2 without the media manager (adds 100+mb to the install)

Thanks

Scott

BobL no está en línea Stack level 2
    Check the configuration settings on the Desktop Manager. If you do not want the contacts back on the BB, eliminate the contact sync.

Nickster248 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3022EE7A
    Quote Originally Posted by scott0482 View Post
    I have 2 Questions that happen when syncing.

If contacts are deleted on the blackberry, they are put back on the blackberry when syncing.

There are 109 items in the "notepad" in outlook, and it only copies 4 of those items on to the blackberry.

Scott
    Sounds as if you need to check your Synch Configuration details in Desktop Manager. Make sure the Contacts, Calendar, ToDo's and Appointments are all set to sync with Outlook, and that they are all set to "Two Way Sync".
    PIN: 3022EE7A

~~~Nick Andriash~~
    Courtenay, B.C. Canada

yes they all are.

he mostly adds / deletes contacts on his blackberry and wants them to sync into outlook.. but sometimes does the reverse.

I just reset the sync yesterday right before posting this and everything is set correctly. there is no option to change hold old the memo pad items are. my guess is they are "too old" to sync into the BB..

say that this person deleted 20 contacts in his blackberry and 10 in outlook.

is it possible to set the sync so that it deletes 10 contacts in his blackberry and 20 contacts in outlook?

or does he just have to delete the contacts he no longer wants in outlook, and delete all contacts in the bb, then resync?

Medic no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    here is a question. are you using multiple computers when syncing? its a good idea to only sync with one computer because the sync log in desktop manager keeps track of changes to either your device or in outlook. if you sync with another computer then the sync log will be different, so when you sync you will errors when syncing.
    Sorrow is tranquility remembered in emotion.

he might be syncing on more than 1 computer, but i think its just that one.

also we have to reset the sync everytime he restarts the computer because it has an error somewhere, corrupted contact i think.. which is a different story

Medic no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    its possible to sync on more than one computer but you are going to run into more problems with the sync that way
    Sorrow is tranquility remembered in emotion.