I recently purchased a laptop running window 7. It does not come with Outlook and ... General Blackberry forum

jadouglas no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Syncing Windows 7 Live Mail with BB

Advertisement

I recently purchased a laptop running window 7. It does not come with Outlook and i am forced to use windows live mail.
    Can anyone tell me if it will sync with my curve? I have been unable to much information about this on the web.

thanks

jdk2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Have you considered using Gmail?

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Quote Originally Posted by jadouglas View Post
    I recently purchased a laptop running window 7. It does not come with Outlook and i am forced to use windows live mail.
    Can anyone tell me if it will sync with my curve? I have been unable to much information about this on the web.

thanks
    Your messages gets pushed to handheld, right? I prefer Windows Mail above any other email types, especially if I delete an email on my handheld only, it will remain on my mailbox for later reference. I don't have to mark it as open to prevent auto delete.

What you want to do:

Go to messages hit menu choose options
    Choose email reconciliation
    and by delete on, choose the one you prefer: prompt or delete on handheld or delete on mailbox and handheld

I hope this answer your question.

I do use gmail, but I use outlook at work and on my old home computer and was hoping windows live mail could be set up to sync using desktop manager in the same fashion that outlook works.

My "plan b" is to use google sync if desktop manager will not sync with windows live mail.

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Have you looked at Niceoffice. It sync wireless and the basic version is free. You can download it in Blackberry App World.

Thanks to all for replying. This is a great site.

I will certainly look at NiceOffice, but if desktop manager won't sync with WindowsLiveMail, and it doesn't sound like it does, then I will probably go the route of Googlesync. What a huge inconvenience however.

Guess I could spend the $90.00 or whatever for Outlook 2007...........

Thanks again.