I am new to the world of Blackberry and do not currently own one. I ... General Blackberry forum

siw4488 no está en línea Stack level 1

Syncing wiht Exchange Server

Advertisement

I am new to the world of Blackberry and do not currently own one. I am torn between a Blackberry and a Windows Mobile device, such as the Samsung i600.

I have an Exchange Server (without BES) and want to be able to seamlessly Sync my Inbox (and other mail folders), Calendar, Contacts and Tasks.

Forgive my ignorance, but will this work pretty seamlessly with a Blackberry or do I need the Blackberry plugin for Exchange etc etc ... any help very much appreciated. Thanks

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Syncing wiht Exchange Server

You can sync wirelessly via BES or via USB with Desktop Manager. No need for BES with the latter. BES is a far cry from a "plugin for Exchange". You need a BES server.

Email doesn't sync on any BB. If you want full reconciliation (not the same as sync) then you must use BES. Check into BES express -- it comes with one free client license and you can purchase additional ones for each additional BB you want to run on it.

Thanks takeshi. It looks like I will have to use a Hosted Exchange service with BES then - however in addition to the Calendar, do you happen to know if this will sync / reconcile Tasks, Contacts etc all seamlessly?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

It's definitely seamless via either method. Wireless sync is definitely the way to go IMO. There's a bit of a delay but we're talking minutes, depending on a number of factors such as coverage, etc...

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

BES Express does all this for you and depending on what server you are running , Small Business Server, you can install BES Express on it and it allows for full sync. If you don;t have small business server, I would recommend running on another server in the company. The best part it is free. If you need more functionally, you then can get the full blown version or pay for the hosted service. This still all depends on your network connection @ work.

Thats great, thanks for all your help takeshi and MWPatterson.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

No prob, anytime.