Why when I delete an occurance of an event in Outlook, it still appears in ... General Blackberry forum

shackk no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Syncing Reoccuring Appointments, etc.. in MS Outlook

Advertisement

Why when I delete an occurance of an event in Outlook, it still appears in my calendar after I sync my bb? For example I have all of my bill due dates in Outlook, so when my credit card bill was due on 1/10/06 I paid and deleted the occurance only in Outlook (not the series) but after syncing my bb it still shows in the monthly agenda/calendar.

Is this a known issue? Can it be resolved?

Re: Syncing Reoccuring Appointments, etc.. in MS Outlook

Well if anyone has this problem in the future I answered my own question. For some reason when you delete and occurance of an appointment of any type on Outlook and sync it will not delete the occurance from the BB, however if you delete the occurance from your BB 1st and then sync, the occurance will delete from Outlook.

So in order to fix my problem since I have reoccuring appointments that started back in 2004 is change the reoccurance to "today" for all of the appointments and then sync, this deletes all of the previous occurances and just keeps the ones from today and occurances into the future. A bit of a pain in the a$$ since I have so many but it all worked out. I believe the BB cannot detect some of the info so it takes the original date of the occurance and adds the information past, present and future.

Anyway hopefully thats understanable and helps someone. Time for a drink!

squished18 no está en línea Stack level 3

Hi shackk,

It seems to work for me. I deleted an instance of a reoccurring appointment in Outlook and it was deleted from my BB. However, I'm working off a BES using wireless sync.

Cheers,
    squished18

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

~~~Posted via Blackberry @ wap.pinstack.com~~~

True BES sync like that non BES sync differen't depending on on conflicts settings etc. Thanks for following up shackk

crazyguy no está en línea Stack level 1

could it be that you have it set up in the sync settings that the conflict win goes to the bb?

tweber78 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    214b43dc

~~~Posted via Blackberry @ wap.pinstack.com~~~set outlook up to win any conflicts.

No, my original settings were to notify me on any conflicts, but the problem I was having is that either the software, the device, or outlook was not detecting it as a conflict.

Now after I changed to "outlook" wins I am still having somewhat of a similar issue. I deleted an occurance of an event from my phone yesterday, synced this morning and the event still shows in outlook. Why would this happen?

Also I am using Outlook 2002 if that matters.
    Last edited by shackk; 01-28-2006 at 12:40 PM.