Ok everyone got a question, hope this is the right place to ask it. I ... General Blackberry forum

jpik no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D77CB7

syncing/email questions?

Advertisement

Ok everyone got a question, hope this is the right place to ask it.

I have a 8700c, love it. I have a day job in sales, and a small biz on the side as a photographer. I got the berry to keep everything together. right now I get my personal and small biz/website email pushed via BIS. My daytime employeris very tech advanced but the it guy doesn't have any BB or smartphone knoweledge, as everyone here seems to be the pen and paper types.

Basically I want to get my dayjob email and possibly sync my contacts and schedule with my computer and work, we're on a term server with a MS exchange server for email with outlookfor scheduling. In my own biz its a small operation but I'd like to do the same with that except I'm on a mac at home using Entourage (which is MS's mac version of outlook)

what's the best way to get all this info together onto my 8700?

thanks all!

jp

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

No matter how you do it, everything from both will be merged together!

The only which will remain separate and unique is your email.

For the work side, do that have a BES?

If no, does the Exchange server have OWA?

If no, then you're likely out of luck with getting your company email on your BlackBerry.

If yes to OWA, then just set that up through BIS.

As for calendar, address book, etc., the BlackBerry only has one of each, so you will not be able to maintain two separate and unique sets.

After the initial sync on each machine, using Desktop Manager / PocketMac, your calendars and address books will be merged. Then after that, just plug in and sync.

You may be able to use categories on the BlackBerry to sort between the two, but I don't know just how to implement this on the computer end through the sync process.

Hope this helps. Questions? PIN me.

jpik no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D77CB7
    Work has no BES, I have a call into IT about the OWA.

would it be an easier setup if I took my personall/side biz info through a hosted BES? or is that not worth the $$?

also any tips on setting up Desktop manager on my work PC? apparently it has to be loaded through our terminal server and then through some type of permissions be assigned to my login? I have no idea about that, or how to help our new it guy out with it.

thanks!

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis
    If no, then you're likely out of luck with getting your company email on your BlackBerry.
    Not quite. There's always:

- Enable POP access on the Exchange mailbox
    - Forward
    - BES Express