ok since I first got my pearl 8130 I've had this annoying problem with birthday's/anniversary's ... General Blackberry forum

atomicrabbit no está en línea Stack level 1

syncing duplicate calendar events -- annoying!!

Advertisement

ok since I first got my pearl 8130 I've had this annoying problem with birthday's/anniversary's and syncing.

If I add a birthday to a contact in Outlook, outlook automatically creates the calendar event, which is fine. But then if I go to sync my blackberry, it will sync the contact's birthday info as well as automatically creating it's own birthday event in the Calendar. So what I end up with is my Outlook and Blackberry having 2 events for the birthday in my calendar

How do I avoid this??? It happens the same way if I do it opposite (i.e. add the birthday to my blackberry then sync with Outlook)

wtf??! It's really annoying because at one point I added a bunch of birthdays and then had to go through the calendar and delete all the duplicates.

The same thing happens with anniversary's. I don't thing its a problem with my phone specifically, I just think it's a problem with how both outlook and blackberry's work.

Any help?

Rags no está en línea Stack level 1
    Try only adding the b days to the calendar and not the contact info. I bet thats where the issue is. I have all mine set to repeat every year as well.
    Rags
    Rags To Stitches Productions

atomicrabbit no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yeah but why not have the bdays in the contact? That's the whole point... but I see what you're saying. There should be an option to not automatically create bday events in the blackberry or Outlook. Do you know hw I can change it?

klgmd no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicrabbit View Post
    Yeah but why not have the bdays in the contact? That's the whole point... but I see what you're saying. There should be an option to not automatically create bday events in the blackberry or Outlook. Do you know hw I can change it?
    The same thing happens with Holidays like Labor Day and Memorial Day. I always get duplicates on those as well as the Birthdays and Anniversaries. I have even had some that add another listing EVERY TIME I sync. It is very frustrating.