Is there a way to sync Lotus Notes v6.5 personal address book birthday info onto ... General Blackberry forum

terazzi no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23cd4562

Synching Birthday info from Lotus Notes

Advertisement

Is there a way to sync Lotus Notes v6.5 personal address book birthday info onto the handheld. I dont have a field for birthday on the device and the desktop manager intellesync configure pim field mapping tells me "handheld field user defined 1" cannot be mapped to Lotus Notes 5.0/6.0/6.5 field "Birthday" everytime i try to match the birthday field with any column on the handheld side it gives me this error.

BB8700
    OS 4.1
    Lotus Notes 6.5
    Desktop Manager 4.1.1.9

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Synching Birthday info from Lotus Notes

I'm still searching on the RIM KBA for you. I haven't located anything of any help yet. Sorry I'm a Exchange user myself, perhaps bumping this up might catch someone else's attention. I'll keep searching!
    Nikki
    iPhone 4S - work
    Samsung Galaxy SII - personal
    Supporting BB, android and iOs devices at work.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Note sure about this one either couldn't find anything.

infernox no está en línea Stack level 3

Could you use the "custom fields" and program it on the IntelliSync app to sync it by field mapping>
    9000 Bold / v4.6.0.297 / at&t

terazzi no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23cd4562

Quote Originally Posted by infernox
    Could you use the "custom fields" and program it on the IntelliSync app to sync it by field mapping>
    no, in the field mapping columns on the righthand side (lotus notes) it lists a birthday field. supposedly you can drag these fields up and down and align them with the matching field on the handheld (lefthand side). the birthday field will not map to any field on the handheld, which keeps giving me that error message. since there is no birthday field in the address book on the handheld, i dont think you can map the lotus notes birthday field to any of them. i hope im wrong though.....

HuwSy no está en línea Stack level 3

Intellisync wont allow syncing different datatypes, the custom field being alphanumeric and birthday being date, as it could cause coruption in databases.

But the BB api documentation mentions that the Bb contact database has a birthday field which would be usable, just noone including rim have ever implimented any interfaces for it. Room for someone to develop a PIM suit to run on the Bb here making more use of it i think.
    Huw - www.huenik.com
    Bb 8220 4.6...

I will test my hosting companys claims of unlimited webspace and unlimited bandwidth. Ideas?