Hey Stackers, I'm trying to synch my BB contacts with outlook. Basically, I want to ... General Blackberry forum

Izzyontheeyes no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Synch trouble

Advertisement

Hey Stackers,
    I'm trying to synch my BB contacts with outlook. Basically, I want to copy all my BB address book entries to my coutlook, NOT vise versa. For some reason, it's not letting me, I don't even see the option. When I try to synch, DM tells me my computer must be connected to the internet to synch (which it IS! but I'm running Mozilla) Also, I'd like to synch my messages too, but that box is grayed out completely. Any ideas on what to do?
    I'm running OS 4.5 on my 8830, if that helps...
    Thanks guys!

zeyrah no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hello!
    Check your file wall to make sure that it is allowing DM to connect. ...make sure you check the windows firewall AND what ever 3rd party one you have. I would run a repair on the DM (or add and remove) If all this fails, here is what a RIM rep told me .... they said the only work around is to install 4.2 SP1 (or 2) and upgrade to the 4.5. This did not seem to resolve the issue when we had it in the past.... Good Luck!
    ~Zey

I tried repair, but for some reason it couldn't find the file in Windows, so I removed it, and reinstalling now. I checked my firewall, and removed it. I don't have any 3rd party firewall...
    I'll report back when I'm done reinstalling it. Thanks for the tip. Hope it works.

So yeah, I downloaded it again, and reinstalled it. Still the same problem. Any other advice? This is really annoying...

Did you try the 4.2 sp1/2, create the sync profile, and then upgrade?
    Last edited by zeyrah; 09-21-2008 at 02:39 AM.
    ~Zey

ok, I'll try that too. So all I have to do is donload the Old version and the it will let me upgrade? Will the 4.2 DM work with OS 4.5? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thank you so much. I installed SP 1, and managed to work it out. But now how do I update it to DM 4.5 again? Also, I noticed that my OS 4.5 loader file is now gone. Is that supposed to happen when you uninstall DM 4.5?

So once you have synced, and that partnership has been created (aka you are syncing fine) just install desktop manager 4.5 , without removing the old one. I believe you will be good to go after that (I hope!!!!)
    ~Zey

Nope, When I tried having two DMs installed, it tells me that there's already a DM installed, so I need to uninstalled the one that's already there. Any ideas?

Have it automatically do it! It should save your sync profile.
    ~Zey

I reinstalled 4.5 and it did replace 4.2 automatically, but now I"m back to square one. I get the same message, while my computer is connected to the internet. Is anyone else having this issue? I'm getting really pissed about this. There's no point of the Synching capabilities then...

Anyone know if 4.6 has this issue? I am sorry my recommendation didn't help. Call your carrier, and have them escalate your issue to rim. Let us know what happens!sorry buddy!!!! And you said you disabled your firewall right?)~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~