OK this is not the typical google sync answer! I have a curve 8330 (not ... General Blackberry forum

MackDa600 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30b44bcc

Question sync 2 calendars on bb with 1 outlook acct

Advertisement

OK this is not the typical google sync answer!

I have a curve 8330 (not important). the device has 2 email address on it. xxx@xxx.com and xxx@vzw.blackberry.net therefore it has 2 calendars on the BB.

Currently the phone will sync outlook with only the xxx@xxx.com account and doesnt even recognize the xxx@vzw.blackberry.net yet this account is where most of my calendar entries are. I need these to get to my outlook on my pc. they are color coded differently, but it doesnt work.

please pin me if you dont understand what i am trying to do... 31aa5519
    PIN: 30b44bcc

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Mack, when you set up Desktop Manager, it only allows you to set up the sync with one client.....Lotus Notes, Outlook, etc. Your BlackBerry e-mail is a standalone e-mail account, i.e. there are no POP or IMAP capabilities you can use to pull this e-mail account down into an interface like Outlook or Lotus Notes, and therefore there is no way in which to sync that BlackBerry e-mail calendar through Desktop Manager.

If you want the calendar entries on your device to be in Outlook, you'll have to change the way you set them up on your device. It sounds as though you have your Default Services (Options>Advanced Options>Default Services) on the device set up to utilize your BlackBerry e-mail, so when you create a new calendar entry on the device, this is the e-mail account it uses to set them up. If you change the Default Services to your xxx@xxx.com e-mail address, then they will sync up in Outlook.

If you want your current appointments in Outlook, then I'm afraid the only way to do that is to re-create them with the xxx@xxx.com e-mail address and delete the other entries.

Hope this makes sense!

Roger

MHutch30 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    cnAsk4it
    Hey- while we're talking about calanders and syncing- can you sync two separate outlook accounts (one work/BES, one home) to your device?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hutch, I can't answer that question for sure, but I would think that since the two syncs are done differently that it is possible. A BES expert would have to verify that for us, though.

MackDa600 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30b44bcc
    RoGro,

Make all the sense the in the world! However its actually my fathers bb and i checked the default services before i posted. It is set to xxx@xxx.com suprisingly. I dont know how he did it. I guess i will just have to re-create them all for him. SUCKS!!!!

Thanks for the help
    PIN: 30b44bcc

Well, it is surprising to hear that, Mack. I just tried to create a new appt on my Curve and it came up with what I have me default set to. What happens on his device when you create a new appt?