Since with my new Curve 8310 using BIS I could not synchronize my emails from ... General Blackberry forum

budh no está en línea Stack level 2

Switching to BES to allow message synching

Advertisement

Since with my new Curve 8310 using BIS I could not synchronize my emails from my desktop (Outlook 2003 standard personal emails) to my Curve, I changed my data plan to BES. I uninstalled and re-installed my desktop manager software, but the option to synchronize messages is still "grayed out".

What do I have to do to the Curve to allow the message synch under BES? Might it have something to do that I did set up an account at https://att.blackberry.com/ to set up my BIS account from my computer?

Bud H

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

Re: Switching to BES to allow message synching

Your blackberry will need a BES (Server) to sync to.
    Look into hosted BES ( http://www.intermedia.net/products/blackberry.asp )

All about BES

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by budh View Post
    Since with my new Curve 8310 using BIS I could not synchronize my emails from my desktop (Outlook 2003 standard personal emails) to my Curve, I changed my data plan to BES. I uninstalled and re-installed my desktop manager software, but the option to synchronize messages is still "grayed out".

What do I have to do to the Curve to allow the message synch under BES? Might it have something to do that I did set up an account at https://att.blackberry.com/ to set up my BIS account from my computer?

Bud H
    A BES, or BlackBerry Enterprise Server, also requires a compatible Email Server, such as MS Exchange or Lotus Domino. It does not really sync with your desktop Outlook, but with the same server that your Outlook connects to, therefore when the BB and the Outlook both reconcile with the server everything appears the same. Your best bet is to use a hosted BES account.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

budh no está en línea Stack level 2

It's fairly simple:

1. I have a standard Comcast personal email account and also a standard personal Yahoo email account.
    2. I had both of those with BIS on my new Curve.
    3. When it came time to synchronize emails, calendar entries, tasks, notes, etc. from my standard (non-business) Outlook 2003 to my Curve, everything EXCEPT the emails could be sent from the laptop computer to the Curve. I later learned this is NORMAL when using BIS - it "grays out" the option to synchronize the emails but allows everything else.
    4. So I changed my plan from BIS to BES, even though I have no business email or business server involved in my accounts at all. I wanted to go to BES for the SOLE purpose of allowing me to synch all my email from my laptop Outlook 2003 to my Curve.
    5. Unfortunately, after switching to BES and also reinstalling my desktop manager to BES mode, it STILL is "grayed out".

So am I screwed and that there is no way to get personal email on your laptop computer on Outlook 2003 to synch via USB cable onto your Blackberry, whether you have BIS or BES?

Bud H