Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I love T-Mobile cs but, I hate to say it, I am sick and tired ... General Blackberry forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

Question Switching Services...

Advertisement

I love T-Mobile cs but, I hate to say it, I am sick and tired of AT&T getting the best equipment, BBerry or other, WAY before TMo. The iPhone...All the 3G stuff...Now the Bold? I have a few questions for your guys/gals - Is it worth switching? I did hear that ATT plans are a lot pricier. I am still in contract and the move would cost me $200 right? I have read all sorts of theads about how to get outg of the cancel fee but I don't intend to do anything shady to screw TMo - They've been great as far as I'm concerned. Do I have any other options?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Terrapin,

It's a hard question and I face the same dilemma but it's more a coverage issue for me. I can get any phone I want - that's just a matter of money and, although I don't have unlimited money, if you don't get good coverage you've nothing.

I see you're listing the 8120 so you have wi-fi. That's how I put off my problem. I used wi-f- for browsing, etc. and, if I didn't have that, the GPRS service that I get her in AR would be un-usable for internet.

Also the T-mobile fees are hard to beat - where can you get unlimitied data for $20/mo.? - plus virtually no restrictions on what you do? Of course you don't get "live" voice GPS with T-Mobile - I just bought a GPS unit and stopped using my puck because it's too much trouble to use while driving if there's no voice instructions on your BB but that's another fee from AT&T. I think everythings a fee with AT&T.

Sooo, I'll be interested to know what you do. I keep hoping for better service from T-Mo. Keep us posted.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    if i were you i'd stick with T-Mo...i've been with sprint and AT&T and now T-Mo and i'd have to say i've never been more satisfied by my service provider especially for the price i am paying...yes with AT&T you can get 3G and the new gadgets as soon as they hit the shelves but you're also paying for it...an unlimited T-Mo plan for a BB costs $120/month and you get their award winning CS...an unlimited plan with AT&T costs well over $140/month and you are restricted...for example with T-Mo you can tether your BB to act as a router with no additional fees however with AT&T you can tether (only 5 Gb of data) and it costs you an additional $60/month...seriously stick it out with T-Mo you'll be glad you did...hope this helps

...and unless you're a pre-pay customer like me, you can get H@H (or now T-mobile @ home, can't keep up since they don't apply to me) for $10 a month. I think the plan covers both your cell and home phone calls, unlimited, national, but check with T-mo for sure. Anyway, those cell calls are not deducted from you regular minutes.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    oh forgot to mention H@H...ya for the $10 i make all the wi-fi calls i want and now-a-days there is almost a hotspot anywhere you go...i was at the gas station last night filling up and realized i had stumbled into a hotspot with great signal strength...just depends on what your priorities are...good luck

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro
    Thanks everyone...I will let you know what happens.

kazmi no está en línea Stack level 2
    a bit late to this but the first and only thing you should always look at is : COVERAGE. all the latest devices are not going to cut it if you don't have a cell signal, right? So check to see if T-Mo serves you well where you live, where you work...if all looks good, no sense in going to another carrier for newer phones. You can always buy unlocked versions and activate on T-Mo. I had them for 4 years and the only reason I left was because work gave me a verizon cell.

Best customer service experience to date and I have used all the US carriers.

ajs3898 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Stick it out, things are going to change when the tmo 3g goes in service, you know your going to kick yourself when you switch to att, pay more for less minutes and features, and then tmo releases the 3g network and all the new phones to go with it. I know it seems like they are always taking their time releasing phones, but I look at it this way. If tmo waits a few extra months, they have more time to develop a more stable os going off of all the errors att will have because they are trying to rush the phone out the door. And I've left tmo twice already thinking I was going to greener pastures, not the case. Both times major headaches, and I came right back to tmo, the customer service truly can't be beat. Being with tmo for as long as I have, then switching to another phone company and having to wait on hold forever and then some rude jack*** picks up and then puts me on hold "to further assist" me is bs. I would just give it a little more time, what have you got to lose, certainly not any money by just sitting tight for a few more months.

BLUSLS no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I am a new T-Mo customer that switched from AT&T. Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have AT&T for almost a year. It cost me over 150 bucks a month for:

900 Minutes
    Unlimited TXT
    Unlimited Data - BES with tethering
    (I even had a company discount through my job of 8%)

I switched to T-Mo paid 10 bucks more for the same features, but no my wife has one on my account as well.

That is 2 for the price of 1 on AT&T.

Sure AT&T gets all the latest toys, but BOY DO YOU PAY FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!

On T-Mo I have the features listed below:

1000 Family minutes w/ MyFaves 5 ( I mostly use most of the minutes as the wife talks to her family on MyFaves.
    Unlimited Family Text
    Unlimited Data with BES and Tethering
    Phone insurance.

If you are getting crappy service at home, hopefully UMA over Wifi can solve that.
    Blackberry...the only way to live!!!!

manx driver no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm an EX-ATT customer, and I emphasize the EX. TMO cust svc is great. Their large outage yesterday left some residual problems with my BB, and the tech I had today stayed with me until every single issue was resolved...2 hours! And I smile every month when my bill comes -- $20 for unlimited data. Thank you, TMO!

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    Stick it out with T-Mobile until your contract is up for 1, Unless your service is really crappy. (which mine was here on the east coast, why i switched back to Verizon) But GSM phones have so much more compatibility and you can get an UNLOCKED iPhone to work on Tmobile, as well as any ATT phone. Might have to pay full price or get the phones used off ebay/craigslist etc.

But only benney i had with TMO was the customer service. But i never had service and i got tired of that so i went back to a better carrier (IMO).
    i3-2100, 8GB, 90GB Vertex3, 1.5TB HDD, HD6850OC, 23"ACER LED Monitor (Gaming Rig)
    1.83ghz Macbook 1,1 (School work, Websurfer)
    4GB Mini, 2GB Nano, 30GB Video, 8GB iPhone 3GS, iPad1
    BB Bold 9900

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    One other nice little note to add, if you do decide to get the latest and greatest as an unlocked version, T-Mobile will help set it up so you can use most if not all the features it has on their network.

Zo

cdavisjr no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23d458ae
    Where can I find an unlocked att curve so that I can use it with T-Mobile?
    Thanks,
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by cdavisjr View Post
    Where can I find an unlocked att curve so that I can use it with T-Mobile?
    Thanks,
    Carl
    CD,

You just need an unlocked Curve (without the AT&T) - any unlocked phone will work on any other GSM carrier...anywhere.

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    Over the last Few days i've been doing my Research.I've been thinking about switching from TMO to ATT.I've talked to reps from both.

Im not sure where u get 120 a month for a bb plan from Tmobile
    I've got Unlimited Data, Unlimited Txt Msgs ,600 Minutes with unlimited Nights and weekends and Pay 89.00 a Month .
    @ AT&T It would be
    Unlimited Data, Unlimited Txt and 450 minutes free nights with rollover
    for 82.00 a month.
    With my Company Discount it would actually be 76 a month from AT&T .
    So Im not sure where the 120 and the 140 a month are coming from.
    ..Im Actually HIGHLY considering Moving to AT&T but my thing is The Termination Fee of 200, But if I could find someone to take over my Coverage and Phone if they wanted then I'd be @ ATT in a HeartBeat!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast