hi guys, Hopefully some of you have experience with this. I have been given a ... General Blackberry forum

Chocau no está en línea Stack level 1

Switching providers

Advertisement

hi guys,

Hopefully some of you have experience with this. I have been given a BRAND NEW blackberry device by someone which is completely unlocked and i have confirmed with the service provider the device is not locked. Voice works on the other network as well.

I want to use this phone on another providers blackberry service. I go to register on their BIS site and it says the PIN is allocated to another provider which is correct but it is not registered, no user etc, just the imei and pin i guess.

Are the BIS provider i want to use going to be able to move this phone to their network?

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

Re: Switching providers

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I would think that you would have to use the same provider that your voice plan but I'm not 100% sure.

Chocau no está en línea Stack level 1

oh yes i completely know that

What i mean is

The phone is allocated PIN/IMEI wise to Network A according to Network B im trying to connect to

The phone is not network locked as Phone works on Network B with Network B sim

diabloboi87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31cdb8ca

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I had this same problem with a blackberry my friend gave me. I ended up having to call network A and convince them that the BIS account that they had for the pin needed to be deleted. Now if the person you got the device from is willing to call the network then have em make the call as it will be a lot less painfull.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

As diabloboi87 says you need to have the prior BIS account on the old carrier deleted. A BB can only be associated with one BIS account at a time and the old one is still associated with your BB. Closing a wireless account doesn't necessarily delete a BIS account.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ You should be able to call your wireless provider and have data support delete the old email account and set yours up. I just got my current bb used and didn't have a problem having them do that.