I have a co-worker that has a AT&T curve 8310 that is getting the 523 ... General Blackberry forum

jeepme79 no está en línea Stack level 1

Switching from AT&T to Verizon

Advertisement

I have a co-worker that has a AT&T curve 8310 that is getting the 523 error. Also (probably related), we are in downtown Sioux Falls, SD, and she can't get any data, and has very spotty voice calling. We may be getting her a Verizon replacement tomorrow, so I have a few questions...
    1) can the sim card be switched from the AT&T to Verizon
    2) will all data go with it, or will I have to "switch devices"
    3) Verizon appears to be roaming a bit up here too, so will the data service be any better?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    verizon doesn't use SIM cards and the info on your BB isnt on the sim card.
    if you buy a new bb you can use the switch device wizard to move your stuff over.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    you can switch the SIM card, but the phones from certain carriers are locked to that specific carrier. Im not sure about switching to Verizon from AT&T. I know that if you get the devices unlocked you can switch a sim from TMO to AT&T, dont know about Verizon though.

FF2
    FF2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Actually, the verizon 8830WE does use a sim card but only for use OUTSIDE of the US on a different frequency. So I suspect that a US sim card from a 3rd party US carrier would not work although the phone numbers might be available.

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Actually, the verizon 8830WE does use a sim card but only for use OUTSIDE of the US on a different frequency. So I suspect that a US sim card from a 3rd party US carrier would not work although the phone numbers might be available.
    I've heard if you unlocked the SIM Card part of the 8830WE that you will be able to use it in the US.