So.... I had a pearl and just got the storm 2. I was going to ... General Blackberry forum

camerr55 no está en línea Stack level 2

Switching Devices, may have killed phone

Advertisement

So.... I had a pearl and just got the storm 2. I was going to just go piece by piece and load up my new BB with the old data but when I used the DM and found that there was a nice option to switch BB devices. I plugged in each device via USB and clicked a few things and....

Then what it did was basically turn my phone into my old pearl. complete with passwords and everything. Funny thing is that I didnt back up my storm before I did this....maybe not funny.

The only problem I can tell is that things such as yahoo, visual voice mail, aol, and that kind of application just say browser under them. I never use them anyways so I just hid them (i cant find out how to just delete them). Other than that, by using this method of transfering my data and contacts and what not, did i just screw up my phone in some way that i dont know? I am still using the latest storm OS and everything also.

thanks

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    You should be fine. If you are that worried that you might have messed it up. You can do a security wipe and then enter the info manually like you had planned on to begin with.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I replied to your PM. A battery pull should restore the icons, or reinstalling them at the very worst. You didn't screw up your phone. As long as your data works and your phone still works, that is what the Device switch wizard is designed for. I would have suggested that in the first place but I thought you were more concerned with your memory card. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

camerr55 no está en línea Stack level 2
    thanks guys. this phone is pretty sweet i am a big fan. have been doing side by side tests with my gf's iphone (which I was considering getting) and it wins almost every time. even the S2's 3G beats the iphones WiFi half the time. where did oregon trail go in the app world though?? haha. guess it doesnt work for the storm

Moller212 no está en línea Stack level 1
    For those of you that use the USB every day - there is a thin plastic piece below the USB cover that is connected to the phone and will break off. I used to dig my fingernail under the cover and flick up until one day it broke. So, be careful. I actually traded my phone in for a new one after that happened and got the Touchstone. Now I'm extremely careful when I open the USB cover. I try to avoid it if possible

Moller212 no está en línea Stack level 1
    To the pixi? Im getting one for my wife and ive been looking at maybe getting a hero...but i do luv my pre, just got a larger batt and its a awesome phone...wondering if i should hold out for a 'pre 2' if that ever comes.