I am switching a customer from his Cingular BB 8700 to the ATT BB 8800. ... General Blackberry forum

angipants no está en línea Stack level 1

Switching Devices

Advertisement

I am switching a customer from his Cingular BB 8700 to the ATT BB 8800. I switched devices through the DM and the BIS to the 8800.

Problem: He is not getting email through the BIS onto the 8800, and even more peculiar is that one email address is still going to his 8700. I even went so far as to delete all service books for all email address on the 8700, and he still gets that one email there. I also deleted the POP setting in the BIS and then re-added the email address. Still appears on the 8700.

I was on the phone with ATT (ugh!) for 1 hour, and their Data Techs could not assist me. They said everything indicated that the emails should be on the 8800, and had no idea how email was on the 8700.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The only email going to the 8800 is the BB Cingular email address.

Prorock no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Switching Devices

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I am sure you did this but did you change the PIN on the BIS website?

angipants no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by angipants
    I Switched Devices through the DM and on the BIS to the 8800.
    Yup, already did that.

Prorock no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Whenever I switch devices I use backup, restore instead of switch device wizzard. I had a problem like this in June, but I can't remember exactly what I did to fix it. I don't know if backup restore would work with 8700 to 8800 though. Is the OS the same? If it is it might work.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

If BIS mail is still going to the 8700, check the BIS website again. Log in there and do the change device and re-send the service books there.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

miro no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3179D82A

Can someone help me out? I am switching 7130e to 8130 on BIS. I would like to know the cleanest way to switch. I read above there is a difference btw going from backup or using device switch. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Either way works, the Switch Device Wizard just provides a structured method and picks up a few more things than the Backup old restore to new method. I forget if it guides you through the required BIS changes though.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    3179D82A

Thanks. Do you know if I will need to upgrade DM? I have the current software vzw prior to 8130 release 4.2.1.8. Is there any other advice to make the switch clean?

PIN/ID
    3179D82A

Also, if I use the DM to switch do I still need to go on the VZW/BB site and switch ESN's. And do I keep the same PIN from device to device?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by miro View Post
    Thanks. Do you know if I will need to upgrade DM? I have the current software vzw prior to 8130 release 4.2.1.8. Is there any other advice to make the switch clean?
    Quote Originally Posted by miro View Post
    Also, if I use the DM to switch do I still need to go on the VZW/BB site and switch ESN's. And do I keep the same PIN from device to device?
    You should not need a DM upgrade with the 8130. Either way back up and restore will work or you can use the switch device wizard. Once you have restored the info either way make sure you go into menu, options, advanced options, host routing table, menu, register now. This will get you updated on BIS network. Each BB has a different PIN number built into it and there is no way to keep your old one. Make sure that if the registration on the HRT does not work you update the pin manually on the website.Post back with any questions.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

When I went from my 8700 to the 8800, after the 8800 was properly provisioned by ATT, all I did was log onto BIS and change the PIN and IMEI. Service books were resent and mail started showing up in about 15-20 minutes.

PIN/ID
    3179D82A

Thanks, I really appreciate your help.