If you have two BB on differant systems is it possible to switch back and ... General Blackberry forum

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4

switching back and forth between Blackberries??

Advertisement

If you have two BB on differant systems is it possible to switch back and forth with them? What I mean is if I take the sim out of say a T Moblie BB and put it in one from AT@T will I be able to use it with the BB services or will the pin be locked to the other account? I know they would have to be unlock blackberries but won't the pin be locked to my other account and not be usable on the other?

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

Re: switching back and forth between Blackberries??

No it wouldnt matter as long as it is unlocked and i probably recommend that you run to the same os as possible. You uselually get a message from t-mobile that registers your phone info to the provider and I think att does that to

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by bmanley View Post
    If you have two BB on differant systems is it possible to switch back and forth with them? What I mean is if I take the sim out of say a T Moblie BB and put it in one from AT@T will I be able to use it with the BB services or will the pin be locked to the other account? I know they would have to be unlock blackberries but won't the pin be locked to my other account and not be usable on the other?
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffallen8 View Post
    No it wouldnt matter as long as it is unlocked and i probably recommend that you run to the same os as possible. You uselually get a message from t-mobile that registers your phone info to the provider and I think att does that to
    It won't necessarily automatically switch over and update the 2nd devices pin 9 (or visa versa) on BB server so that email will flow. You may need to register on the HRT, ( options, adv options, HRT, menu, register now) update your pin on your carriers website, ( through the PC or in set up internet email) , and if your on a BES this just adds to the confusion. Not saying it is not possible but may take a little work. Voice will work as soon as you swap sims but email goes to the pin number which must update on RIM's side. Hope it helps.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

all you have to do is go to your bookmarks on your blackberry and go to 'set up internet email' the next page that will come up with prompt you to change the pin automatically. just click ok and your done

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~why I was wanting to be able to do this was if ever one of them broke on me I could just switch the sim and use it that way until I could get it replaced. I was thinking this would work but the other day my son switched his account but it screwed up his blackberry email. They told him is pin was locked to the other account so he was not able to get his email switched over until they did something with it. And all he did was change his account from being under one name to another so I don't know how that screwed up his bb account but it did. They did get it fixed. So why if I pull my sim out of one and put it in the other can I just update my pin and it will work?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~why I was wanting to be able to do this was if ever one of them broke on me I could just switch the sim and use it that way until I could get it replaced. I was thinking this would work but the other day my son switched his account but it screwed up his blackberry email. They told him is pin was locked to the other account so he was not able to get his email switched over until they did something with it. And all he did was change his account from being under one name to another so I don't know how that screwed up his bb account but it did. They did get it fixed. So why if I pull my sim out of one and put it in the other can I just update my pin and it will work?
    He changed accounts, that is transferring mob nums and network info such in network. You are just swapping sims. Much simpler.

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H

I'm about to switch from my 7130e to a pearl on the TELUS network(no sim). My address book I'm not worried about since I have it syncd using yahoo go, but I'm worried about my bb emails (the @telus.blackberry.net ones). Can you guide me on what I need to do so I don't loose all that info? Do I just Change my pin?

Thanks in advance.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Just change your pin, resend your service books and you're good to go. I did this many times with a 7100t, 7105t and 8100. In fact, I go back and forth between the 7100t and 8100 when the 8100 decides it wants to take a dump on me LOL

Also u can use the Switch Device Wizard on Desktop Manager. When you connect each BB (with a SIM card inserted) to the PC, DM will recognize the PIN and allow you to synch with the appropriate BB. I did this with not only the 3 I mentioned above but also a 7730.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 02-03-2008 at 05:23 PM.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

So why if I pull my sim out of one and put it in the other can I just update my pin and it will work?
    Yup. Just be sure that you supply the new PIN and IMEI when you switch. Do not create a new BIS account for the second Blackberry or else you'll have the trouble you described above.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Switching between my collection of BlackBerrys is my favorite sport...

~via Red BB 8310 (wap.pinstack.com)~