hello gang here is where my issues begins. I had a crv8900 with 3 emails. ... General Blackberry forum

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3

Switched from 8900 to a 9800: now I can't re-add my hotmail.

Advertisement

hello gang

here is where my issues begins.

I had a crv8900 with 3 emails. (gmail, hotmail, and a personal domain email address)

For the holidays I got the torch9800 and I made the decision that I wasn't going to continue using my hotmail address. So before I ran the device switch tool I removed my hotmail address off my 8900. Only keeping my gmail and personal email addy.

Once the DTM migrated all my info to my 9800 I registered my device to the carrier, activated my email address and went on my merry way.

about 24 hrs later I realized that I still needed to get my hotmail so I tried to add it to my 9800. I tried 5 times and each time it said "Update Failed". I don't have a username and pw for the rogers bis site so I had to call their support.

the girl at rogers tried a few things. She even tried to manually add the email address on her system. and it failed each time.

At this point she placed some blame on Hotmail. But the funny thing is that I can login to msn and hotmail.com without issues. And to rule out my extremely strong password I changed my pw to something very simple.

about an hour later I called rogers support back. THis time the agent gave me a username and pw for the rogers BIS site. Together we re-activated all emails, made sure my PIN was right. and tried to add my hotmail to no avail. each time it says "Update Failed". Or if I do it online it says "Contact your email provider"

the problem is that my hotmail works fine. I can login to hotmail.com and msn msg without issues.

I called a 3rd time, this time the person said that is an Issue at RIM with their hotmail. and that I should wait 24hrs. I smell a fish and a rat.

does anyone have any other tips to try?

thanks

p

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    There is a long history of issues with hotmail accounts and blackberry devices. There may have been some changes done since you added your hotmail to your old blackberry (that would have probably not been affected except you removed it from your bis) that won't allow it to work with your BIS service anymore. I do recall seeing that Microsoft was slowly moving to eliminate the hotmail service and move everyone over to live.com but that was over a year ago and not sure if they are still trying that route.

Zo

Amigotek...

thanks for the reply.

but I find it a bit odd that MS would just stop support for hotmail address on BIS without any kind of notice. would you have a link to any of these articles you have seen?

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    http://forums.pinstack.com/f16/integ..._bis_2_a-4471/

Wasn't new or all of a sudden. The issue goes back four years at least (according to the article I pulled up real quick).

Zo

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    As for elimination of hotmail, I will do a little more hunting and see if I can find where I read that at.

Zo

no no, that is fine.

so in a nutshell I have to upgrade to a LIVE PLUS account???? $19.99/yr

You would think that the people at Rogers BIS support would have known that?????

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    You would think so but personally, I have noticed less knowledge and more checklist style operation from customer care and retail sales agents.

Zo