Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey everyone, i just had a question. I have a blackberry pearl 8100 through Rogers ... General Blackberry forum

sideswipe14t no está en línea Stack level 1

Swapping SIM CARDS????

Advertisement

Hey everyone, i just had a question. I have a blackberry pearl 8100 through Rogers and i would like to get a curve. If i buy one online will i be able to just swap over my SIM card from rogers and have the phone work? Thanks a lot.

EDIT both phones are rogers phones
    Last edited by sideswipe14t; 09-14-2008 at 05:17 AM.

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    For so long as the phone that you are buying is an unlock phone, you can swap the sim card.

i had just read that if i have the sim card for a rogers phone, and im just switching to a new rogers phone, it wouldn't matter if it is locked because its the same carrier? can anyone clarify?

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    If you are switching from a Rogers phone to another Rogers phone, you don't have to worry about it not working. I am on the Rogers wireless network and been switching berries and all of the time it works. Hope this helps.

SamlvsBB no está en línea Stack level 3
    yup doesnt matter if both are rogers'

Awesome, thanks alot for the help guys.

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yep I do it all the time, just swap the sim and you're good to go. Now just so you'll know, if you swap a sim from a blackberry device into a non blackberry device it won't work properly. But an 8100 to a 8300 is fine.

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    Erm...RayZ, if you're just using voice you can take your SIM that has the BB service and pop it into a regular GPRS/EDGE phone and it'll work fine. (just non-BB's won't be able to connect to the BB data service).

btw sideswipe14t, remember to use the device switch wizard in DM to transfer all of your info to the new BB.

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridicule View Post
    Erm...RayZ, if you're just using voice you can take your SIM that has the BB service and pop it into a regular GPRS/EDGE phone and it'll work fine. (just non-BB's won't be able to connect to the BB data service).

btw sideswipe14t, remember to use the device switch wizard in DM to transfer all of your info to the new BB.
    Correct! thats why I said "it won't work properly" thanks

Meh! no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me...
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Don't forget about logging into Rogers site and changing pin associated with your push email if you have that as well. :-)

Should do that from the device Meh! (quicker / easier)

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I am a frequent, daily, sim swapper, as I have many phones as well as many BlackBerrys. I have one caution to offer.
    Recently I read where Rogers & AT&T are going to begin tracking sim swappers. Forgive me for not caputuring the link to this article, but I will summarize the bottom line. That is, of course like anything else, it's all about the money. So I would continue to swap sims, I know I certainly will, but beware. At some point we may no longer be able to get away with this. But for now I'm a sim swapping fool....

Cheers
    sent via what? a BlackBerry! ...

(wap.pinstack.com)~

yozpalang no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by sideswipe14t View Post
    i had just read that if i have the sim card for a rogers phone, and im just switching to a new rogers phone, it wouldn't matter if it is locked because its the same carrier? can anyone clarify?

I'm sure I doesn't matter you are gonna be fine ,I do it all the time with t-mobile

Archer6, Rogers is already doing that by SIM swapping

Haven't seen anything in the works to indicate the carriers getting tougher about this (if anything, they'll be legislated to make things more open).

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridicule View Post
    Archer6, Rogers is already doing that by SIM swapping

Haven't seen anything in the works to indicate the carriers getting tougher about this (if anything, they'll be legislated to make things more open).
    -
    The carriers in the USA are tracking imei numbers. You haven't seen anything about it because they don't want you to know. Thus if you are using their service with an unlocked phone they know they've lost a phone sale. While taking no action at this point it is something they are looking at. As far as legislation is concerned, that will not happen & it's a good thing. We do not need more government regulation. The free market will influence this as they do pricing.

sent via BlackBerry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast