i was worndering if i could surf the web via opers mini with out the ... General Blackberry forum

tomdick no está en línea Stack level 2

surf the web with out the BB plan?

Advertisement

i was worndering if i could surf the web via opers mini with out the blackberry plan? also woule i be abel to go to tinytube and watch videos?

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: surf the web with out the BB plan?

You won't get any love trying to do streaming video on a BB.

The "official" answer is no, you can't use the internet without a Blackberry Data Plan. However, depending on your carrier, you may be able to rig one of their data plans to work with Opera Mini. The catch is, you have to get Opera Mini onto your phone with an OTA download, which can only be done with a BDP.

If you go this route, and do a lot of surfing, the pay as you go "rigged" plan could wind up costing you as much as the basic BDP for most carriers.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

tomdick no está en línea Stack level 2

well i have the data plan now and i know about the steraming video thing but with tinytube you download the videothen play it or save it but i have to use the bb defult browser to do the downloading im guessing what im asking is can i get the 5.99 unlimed dada plan from tmo and hook it up to where i can download via opera? that would save 30$ a month om my 2 bb's data plan ans with opera i can look at my email faster than the email push by just loging on to my email account

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

From my experience with Opera, it defaults back to the BB browser for all media downloads. Of course I have only tried this on an 8700(at&t) and a pearl (t-Mobile), but since both units has BB plans I am not sure if it will work without one.

Zo