My boss is the CEO of our company. He has a BB 7250, paid for ... General Blackberry forum

cdfloyd1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Surf Control End User Spam Management

Advertisement

My boss is the CEO of our company. He has a BB 7250, paid for by the company and supported by our IT dept. I bought myself the same device with my own money, so I could learn to use it and support him as much as possible, instead of having to depend on the IT dept, none of whom has ever used a BB. Several times I have been able to help my boss when the IT dept wasn't available, so it has been a worthwhile purchase. Not to mention the fact that I LOVE having my own BB!

Boss' device receives his work email from the work Outlook system. My device receives my personal email from the BES. I read my work email on my desktop PC at work only.

Our IT dept has set up a spam filtering system for the entire company that moves all questionable email to a separate server, which we access through our browser. We receive an alert in our work Outlook inbox telling us whenever questionable email has arrived. We then open the link in the browser and see the list of questionable emails. We are able to release or delete each message. We are also able to whitelist or blacklist each sender.

When boss travels, he wants to be able to use his BB browser to gain access to this spam filtering link, so he can release appropriate emails to his Outlook inbox, which also sends them to his BB.

I have used my BB to try and get this to work, hoping to get the process perfected and then tell my boss how to do it. However, when I try to reach the link, which is a very, very long one, I receive this message:

"HTTP Error 400: Bad Request. The server could not understand the page request, or was unable to process it for some reason. Please try loading a different page."

When I asked for further details, I'm told, "Unable to determine IP address from host name. (squid/2,5,STABLE11)

Does anyone have any idea what I should do about this, or is it something my IT dept will have to figure out?

Thanks in advance for your help!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Surf Control End User Spam Management

Do you know if the page uses SSL?

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Does your company have a BES with MDS?

Are you using the MDS browser?

I'm guessing that the spam server is on the intranet, and it is not accessibly outside of your company's network.

This is the same situation with my company.

If this is the case, you will have to check with the BES admin to discover if the MDS has access to intranet DNS and IP addresses.

If not, you won't be able to access that internal site.

cdfloyd1 no está en línea Stack level 1

hydn - I don't know if the page is using SSL, but I will find out and let you know.

Lewis - I'll find out the answers to your questions and let you know. By the way, what does MDS stand for?

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Mobile
    Data
    Service

http://www.blackberry.com/products/s...ds/index.shtml

But I may be confusing that with CDA.

Corporate
    Data