Maybe this has been covered before or maybe it's common knowledge, but I just discovered ... General Blackberry forum

NickAC no está en línea Stack level 3

Suretype tip for symbols

Advertisement

Maybe this has been covered before or maybe it's common knowledge, but I just discovered this by accident, so I figured if this helps someone else...

When typing symbols, you of course press SYM and that brings up the symbol page. Once you memorize the key combination however, you don't have to wait for the symbol page to come up. You just quickly press the correct combination and this speeds up typing quite a bit. e.g., to enter a colon, quickly press SYM - GH.

However, for symbols on page 2, I used to wait for the page to come up, roll down to the second page, and then press the appropriate key for the symbol I want on page 2. I discovered by accident that a double-click of SYM brings up page 2! And this means that once you memorize the page 2 keys, you can double press SYM followed by the key quickly as well! You can also use the ZX key to jump to the second page, but I find the double-click to be faster.

So in a message, if you want to quickly type a smiley, you can rapidly click SYM - GH then SYM - SYM - ER !
    Last edited by NickAC; 01-14-2009 at 03:41 PM.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Thanks for tip, man. This is something I always wondered about.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~