There is no such thing as a stupid question but this is pretty stupid. What ... General Blackberry forum

BlueJaysFan2007 no está en línea Stack level 1

Stupid Question - WiFi

There is no such thing as a stupid question but this is pretty stupid. What is Wi-Fi?

I have a BB 8800 with a data plan, so I can connect to the BB internet and use it. What is the difference between that and Wi-Fi?

I don't understand how people can just use Wi-Fi and its free data for them.

oheckno no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Stupid Question - WiFi

You know how you can connect to another person's internet from a laptop without being at your house? That's an example of Wi-Fi. When you're on your phone's browser, you have to have a connection with the internet from your phone, so there's a chance that you may not be able to connect when in a bad area. If you're out and can connect to someone elses internet it'll give you a better connection to the internet and you can be out of service yourself.

I hope that helped you...and was right. Worse case scenario, just Google it. You may understand it better reading it yourself than hearing it from someone else. :]

semiar no está en línea Stack level 2

FYI 8820 has WIFI but the 8800 does not

shayind4 no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (
    Wi-Fi allows wireless internet access without using your phone network. If you have broadband internet access at home, ur bb can access internet through it free of charge.

marrechea no está en línea Stack Level 1

Hi ( BlueJaysFan2007 ) I'm sorry to tell you that the 8800 doesn't have WIFI. It has browser and you will need DATA plan to use the Internet. Sorry.