It's been a while since I've asked a stupid question and I've had my first ... General Blackberry forum

Tech Idiot no está en línea Stack level 3

Stupid question re: syncing

Advertisement

It's been a while since I've asked a stupid question and I've had my first BB about 6 months now -- so it's time, LOL.

Here's my question -- my calender "syncs" wirelessly (my assistant schedules a meeting on her desktop and the meeting appears in my calender on my BB). And of course my e-mail is mirror image as well.

Is there a reason, or do I need to be "syncing" between my laptop and my BB? I was given a cable that connects the two, but I do not know if I should be doing this or how to do this. I don't have an incon or anything like that to initiate the sync.

Thank you and please take it easy on the Tech Idiot, LOL.

Eric

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Stupid question re: syncing

lol Your intros are the best.

If you are on BES all this is done over the air (OTA). your profile says your on BES.

I my case my calendar, email, memo pad, tasks, etc are all sync OTA i never plug into my work pc. Charge on non corp laptop.

vyperz no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    240F667B

Howdy TI,

Hope all is well. Do you have DM installed on your laptop? You'll need DM in order to use the USB cable to sync your device. Also, you can check and make sure wireless sync is enabled. = ) Hope this helps.

vipz
    vipz o';'o

Pinstack.com ~ where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Get your Pinstack Gear here!~

jhatzis99 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DA6BE4

I have often thought about whether it was possible to sync my BB with my calendar on Outlook. Is it possible? I have the Desktop manager installed, and have even backed up, and used it to install applications. How do I get it to sync with Outlook if it is possible. (email is not important, as I have it poll and or forward email from gmail directly to the bb)

Tech Idiot no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by vyperz
    Howdy TI,

Hope all is well. Do you have DM installed on your laptop? You'll need DM in order to use the USB cable to sync your device. Also, you can check and make sure wireless sync is enabled. = ) Hope this helps.

vipz
    Actually, my mistake. Yes, I have DM installed. I lost the icon on my "too busy" desktop. Kind of forgot about it. My sync'ing is taking place wirelessly, but I wasn't sure if the cable/BB sync was the same, needed, etc. -- thanks.

Eric