Please forgive me if this is a topic that is covered often, but with some ... General Blackberry forum

AndrewCampbell no está en línea Stack level 1

Streaming Video from the Internet

Advertisement

Please forgive me if this is a topic that is covered often, but with some google searching I have not been able to find a definitve answer to my question.

Is it possible, at all, to stream video - .wmv, .flv, .wvx, .mov, any of these at all from the internet.

I'm not talking loading them onto your BB and playing locally, I mean surfing the internet to a page and then watching a streaming version of a video from the world wide web.

The reason I ask this is because my boss is putting a bunch of pressure on me to come up with a solution to this and I don't know where to start. We do a ton of streaming in both .flv and .wmv and I just need to know if it's possible to do this on a BB.

Thank you very much for your help.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Streaming Video from the Internet

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCampbell
    Please forgive me if this is a topic that is covered often, but with some google searching I have not been able to find a definitve answer to my question.

Is it possible, at all, to stream video - .wmv, .flv, .wvx, .mov, any of these at all from the internet.

I'm not talking loading them onto your BB and playing locally, I mean surfing the internet to a page and then watching a streaming version of a video from the world wide web.

The reason I ask this is because my boss is putting a bunch of pressure on me to come up with a solution to this and I don't know where to start. We do a ton of streaming in both .flv and .wmv and I just need to know if it's possible to do this on a BB.

Thank you very much for your help.
    Welcome to the stacks and to answer your question, no. Not at this time. There is no built in Flash player in the BB, but RIM appearently is working on getting it in the next batch of phones so possibly an ota or S/W upgrade down the road.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

andrew welcome to the stacks,

sorry, streaming is still not available for the BB.
    If there is anything else you need please ask away
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

AndrewCampbell no está en línea Stack level 1

Wow. You guys are fast! Thanks very much for the help - I really appreciate it!

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

No problem. That's how we do it on the Stacks. Glad to have you.

Zach no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Could someone make this a sticky when it becomes avaible. I have been wondering about this as well.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Don't worry, the Day RIM includes Streaming Video (or even streaming Audio) in their browser, It will probably be posted in almost every forum on PinStack. As a BB user I'm as anxious as anyone, but every Mod on the Forums is going to have to work hard to keep the forums straight that day.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

acey612 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EECD10

Maybe we will see it soon.
    - Eric

BB Addict for one Year
    Southport, North Carolina