Hi, can somebody help me give info on how to save your contacts in the ... General Blackberry forum

segarrasg no está en línea Stack level 1

storing contacts in micro sd

Advertisement

Hi,
    can somebody help me give info on how to save your contacts in the address book to the micro sd? my handset memory is running out and I have a 1gb micro sd.

thanks,
    segarrasg

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: storing contacts in micro sd

sorry you can't. The only things you can put on there is mp3, movies, pics, ringtones.

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e
    There is a workaround way to save contacts and other text-type files on your SD card. It's a bit clumsy, and timeconsuming, but if you're desperate for room, it's a workable solution.
    Basically, you need to first dl the Mobipocket reader available free at http://www.mobipocket.com/dev/beta/blackberry.asp

You must also have Mobipocket installed on your home pc/laptop. Because the reader is compatible with PDF files, it will allow you to add any text files you like, as long as it's in PDF form. Then simply make a PDF file of the contacts you wish to store on your card. All you have to do at that point is add the PDF file to your library on your pc, and from there load it to your bb.
    Like I stated in the beginning, it is a bit clumsy and time consuming. But if you need to put this info in your bb, this is a way you can do it. I use this method frequently for making text files of knitting patterns and other info I'd like on my Pearl, with accompanying pictures. This may not be a solution for you, but it is feasible. If you have Adobe reader installed on your computer, you should be able to make PDF files. It's not hard, it'll just require some of your time.

PIN/ID
    23e4456e
    There is a workaround way to save contacts and other text-type files on your SD card. It's a bit clumsy, and timeconsuming, but if you're desperate for room, it's a workable solution.
    Basically, you need to first dl the Mobipocket reader to your bb, available free at
    http://m.mobipocket.com/

You must also have Mobipocket installed on your home pc/laptop. Get that at
    http://www
    .mobipocket.com/
    Because the reader is compatible with PDF files, it will allow you to add any text files you like, as long as it's in PDF form. Then simply make a PDF file of the contacts you wish to store on your card. All you have to do at that point is add the PDF file to your library on your pc, and from there load it to your bb.
    Like I stated in the beginning, it is a bit clumsy and time consuming. But if you need to put this info in your bb, this is a way you can do it. I use this method frequently for making text files of knitting patterns and other info I'd like on my Pearl, with accompanying pictures. This may not be a solution for you, but it is feasible. If you have Adobe reader installed on your computer, you should be able to make PDF files. It's not hard, it'll just require some of your time. ~via bb (pinstack.com)

PIN/ID
    23e4456e
    Quote Originally Posted by mysmyrrh
    Basically, you need to first dl the Mobipocket reader to your bb, available free at
    http://m.mobipocket.com/

You must also have Mobipocket installed on your home pc/laptop. Get that at
    http://www
    .mobipocket.com/
    Because the reader is compatible with PDF files, it will allow you to add any text files you like, as long as it's in PDF form. Then simply make a PDF file of the contacts you wish to store on your card. All you have to do at that point is add the PDF file to your library on your pc, and from there load it to your bb.
    Like I stated in the beginning, it is a bit clumsy and time consuming. But if you need to put this info in your bb, this is a way you can do it. I use this method frequently for making text files of knitting patterns and other info I'd like on my Pearl, with accompanying pictures. This may not be a solution for you, but it is feasible. If you have Adobe reader installed on your computer, you should be able to make PDF files. It's not hard, it'll just require some of your time. ~via bb (pinstack.com)
    Omg! Sorry for the double post! I was editing to add some info, and it posted 2x! I was trying to add that in order to view these files, you have to open them with the reader, which is why you need to dl it to your bb. Which should be obvious, but I wanted to make it clear.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: storing contacts in micro sd

What's in your device memory? You should try to free that up -- especially if you're storing any photos, ringtones, or apps you don't need in device memory. Surely there's something you can get rid of as the Pearl ships with a lot of memory.

Are you sure that your OS isn't a build that's prone to the memory leak issue?