When your BB memory fills up, it erases all your emails and call logs. I ... General Blackberry forum

AkkordEX no está en línea Stack level 2

Arrow Store on media card and not in BB memory

Advertisement

When your BB memory fills up, it erases all your emails and call logs. I found that out the hard way...:cry:

Is there any way I can store emails and call logs on the media card instead of the BB memory? I just know my BB memory is gonna fill up again soon and erase all my emails and call logs (again!).

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    I am pretty sure that the Memory Card is for media ONLY.
    It cant be used for any application storage and things of this nature so I dont think that e mails can be stored on the "Media Card" either.
    :cry:
    regards
    cHAd
    P I N S T A C K E R F O R L I F E!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Chad is correct. Media cards are for tunes, tones, pics, and vids. You cannot store apps or store your MMs or SMS messages there unfortunately.

AkkordEX no está en línea Stack level 2

Question

So sms/emails can't be stored in BB memory?!?

So my question now is....is there any way of preventing the BB memory from filling up to the point where it erases all my emails and call logs?

I want to keep all sms/emails and so I have it on "Keep forever"....is changing this setting my only option to keep it from filling up memory completely?

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by AkkordEX View Post
    So sms/emails can't be stored in BB memory?!?

So my question now is....is there any way of preventing the BB memory from filling up to the point where it erases all my emails and call logs?

I want to keep all sms/emails and so I have it on "Keep forever"....is changing this setting my only option to keep it from filling up memory completely?
    No, sms/emails go in BB memory. If the BB is not your only source of email there is no reason for the BB to be set to keep emails forever. There just isn't enough memory in the BB for that.

You have to clean out some files at some point or make a backup of your BB, then clear it out. Either way if you don't, the BB will help you prune...

google123 no está en línea Stack level 1
    The only way, I think, to keep your stuff forever, will be to back it up and store it somewhere. Even when set to forever, your stuff will eventually start to get erased because the BB doesn't have an unlimited supply of storage memory. I recommend doing a backup of everything at least once a week. Also, I recommend you download, ABC Amber Blackberry Converter. This is a great program and worth the money as it allows you to view the contents of your backed BB files.

abhijitkar1962 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~log in to your blackberry set up and put a gmail address for forwarding all incoming mails, which you can access either through wap browser or downloaded gmail software on your handheld.So keep your mails forever