wouldent haveing the option to store applications to th media card be a good option..? ... General Blackberry forum

ballr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask.

store application to memory card

Advertisement

wouldent haveing the option to store applications to th media card be a good option..? this can prevent all those memory leaks and give us more storage for our apps.>! that means more apps for us.>! lol what do you guys think..>?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    It would be awesome, we would have so many more options........hopefully some day....but then again

I just wonder though, with the size of the memory cards increasing the way they are, if we had enough apps to fill an 8 or 16 gig card, I would think it wouls be hard for the BB's processor to dig through all that, and could you imagine all the icons.....wow. I think I'm happy with the media card being for media.......but I would really like a substantial increase in device memory.....that should be a priority.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

ballr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask.
    i agree man, this guy got hooked up:http://www.crackberry.com/files/u3/stretchberry2.png lol

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    Quote Originally Posted by ballr View Post
    wouldent haveing the option to store applications to th media card be a good option..? this can prevent all those memory leaks and give us more storage for our apps.>! that means more apps for us.>! lol what do you guys think..>?
    this would be great but i just dont ever see it happening. if you stored apps and system files to a removable memory card then what would happen if you lost the card? or it became corrupt? by having the apps/system files stored to the internal flash memory then it cant go anyway and makes the device more efficient and stable that way.

warren2781 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I used a motorola ming a1200 for some time, the flash memory was crap but you had the option to use a minisd card to store your media and programs. The phone was in no way less efficient or slow, and the size of the card was the only limit. It would be great if we had the option to store apps on the sd card even thought security would be compromised to a point. There are some things that the berrys can't do but what they can do they do best!

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yeah and not to mention that SD memory cards have a finite number of reads and writes. It would be great to have more internal device memory though.

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    Quote Originally Posted by RayZ View Post
    Yeah and not to mention that SD memory cards have a finite number of reads and writes. It would be great to have more internal device memory though.

well you know most all new devices are coming with flash cards as the devices primary memory. so therefore the devices internal memory is equally the same as an sd card and having infinite writes and rewrites

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by RayZ View Post
    so what ur saying is that an SD card can only be recoreded on and erased so many times? How many? I record a lot of tv shows, then erase and download to the card again.

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    no no an sd cards has unlimited

volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    I'm guessing that even the new os won't fix this issue of memory, cause I'm out of internal memory again...

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    so what ur saying is that an SD card can only be recoreded on and erased so many times? How many? I record a lot of tv shows, then erase and download to the card again.
    Flash memory has wear leveling to prolong the life of the card. Typically sectors can be written to 100,000 times prior to failure.

If you overwrote your card, entirely, once an hour, it would still last more than 10 years. As sectors become damaged, the card automatically remaps them to healthy sectors.

Keep in mind, also, the BlackBerry internal memory is also flash and has the same limitations.