hey everyone. a little over 18 months ago i purchased a blackberry 8100 for tmobile. ... General Blackberry forum

ronjohnonBB no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3181F02F

Stolen 8100

Advertisement

hey everyone.

a little over 18 months ago i purchased a blackberry 8100 for tmobile. in july of last year, it was stolen from me. i live in patchogue and it was stolen in selden. both on long island, new york.

it was stolen at the go-kart place. what happened, for those of you who are curious, is that me and a few friends went there, we may or may not have been a little tipsy, and we decided to screw around crashing into each other.

me being the idiot that i am, was the first of the group to get kicked off. when i was getting out of the kart it fell out of my pocket(this is my guess seeing as how after i screamed at the people working for 20 minutes they let me walk around the track for an hour with a flashlight looking for it) and when i got up it was still in the seat. when i walked out of the gate i was standing there and i realized i didnt have it. i asked the guy working there if i could go back to my car to grab it. he ignored me the first couple of times, then he said he wasn't moving and i could look when someone coming off the karts opened the gate.

after about 2 minutes all the other karts pulled in, everyone got off, and walked out and i walked back to my kart. no blackberry. im assuming someone snatched it in the crowd and walked off. after screaming at just about everyone, almost fighting someone who thought they were tough, and earning my friends a few free laps because of the incompetence of these people, i still hadn't found it.

if you guys want to hear the kick in the a$$ though, in my rage, i went to the main booth to ask if anyone returned a lost blackberry, and the girl there was texting on a sidekick, and holding a blackberry. i was like."thank god you have my phone" she was like "no this is mine, look" and showed me the background which was a picture of her. thinking back on it, she could have just taken that picture and showed me it. i really should have gone through the phone book. that could be my phone.

ANYWAY...

i was wondering since there is a gps on these phones, is there anyway for me to get it back with out involving the police. i know its been a long time since it was stolen, but there was a lot of information on there i didnt need when it was stolen, but i need VERY VERY badly right now. its personal information that i saved in the notes section of the phone. the computer that i used to connect it to crashed so all my back up files are gone. all i have is a memory of the phone, but i NEED the information off of that phone. if anyone has any way to help me or any ideas, id really appreciate it.

thanks guys

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    Probably not. Even the police have to get a court order to use location based services unless it's an emergency.

You can call your carrier (if you haven't already) and have them turn it off. You'll have the satisfaction of knowing that whomever has it has nothing more than a paper weight as their wages for stealing your Berry.

monim361 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    248fd367
    wait this happened last year? or am i reading wrong?

caicai1015 no está en línea Stack level 1
    dude that sucks sorry to hear that. maybe your carrier can track the gps on your phone and then maybe you can retrive it back that way. not sure if it will work but it doesnt hurt to ask your carrier for the help

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    If it was a year ago...Even if you could find your pearl...Chances are that info you want is no longer on the unit.

krikor222 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3022BBE5
    If it was stolen July of last year, and if you did not report it at the time, chances are the thief used it for a while, and has now moved on to a newer device.

I've tried to track my BB when it was first stolen, nobody could help me due to legal reasons. The only thing I could do was to have the device remotely wiped through IT at work, and I believe, that may only be possible if connected through a BES (I may be wrong, the carrier might have that authority) and If I remember correctly, the guy only told me he can wipe the device, backing it up remotely through the BES was apparently not supported.

Anyways, I hope you can find a solution
    Shawn K.

Device: BlackBerry Curve 8330 v4.5.0.56
    Carrier: Bell Mobility (Canada)
    PIN: 3022BBE5

PIN/ID
    3181F02F
    Quote Originally Posted by kieranwest View Post
    If it was a year ago...Even if you could find your pearl...Chances are that info you want is no longer on the unit.
    thats what i figured, i just wondered if there was anything i could do.

thanks everyone for the responses. as soon as it was stolen i had it shut down. i just really need the information off the phone. thanks again.

ericcif no está en línea Stack level 2
    Did I read this right? Didn't you say it was a 8100? If so, It does not have a GPS. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    3181F02F
    alright thanks, i just thought all phones could be traced. i really need the information thats in the notes section of that phone. is there any way i could get to it or any way that its going to be stored somewhere else than on the phone?

Bluebell Wood no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The only other place would be a back up on your pc which you said you lost when your pc crashed.