I usually put my BB on standby before slipping it into its leather holder or ... General Blackberry forum

karen898 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Standby/Mute Button stops working - won't work again until a battery pull!

Advertisement

I usually put my BB on standby before slipping it into its leather holder or before I put it in my coat pocket so that I don't accidentally call someone or launch an app. I also notice that the trackball stops lighting up when the standy/mute button stops working. After a battery pull, the standby/mute button works fine for awhile but will all of a sudden stop working during the day and will not work again unless I do another battery pull.

After a battery pull, everything will work fine, then for the rest of the day they stop working again. I have begun to lock the BB to get around putting it on standby mode; however, as for muting a call, I would not be able to know if the mute button will work when I need it to because the button stops working at random and stays unresponsive until the battery pull. Does anyone else have this problem? It's a little annoying.

Also, is it true that the Alt/Right Shift/Delete keys performs the same function as a battery pull?

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    yes alt+right shift+ del is basically the same as doing a battery pull. when I do my pulkls though I like to leave the battery out for a while to make sure EVERYTHING gets reset.
    alt +right shift+del is just quicker.

I'd say that you may have an OS issue, I mean, if your keys work and then for whatever reason they stop working after a while until you do a battery pull. seems to me like the phones OS has stopped monitoring those buttons for whatever reason.
    your profile says you are using an 8330 is that correct? what OS are you running, how long does it usually take for your standby button to stop functioning? have you tried other OS's?
    when did this start?
    and how long have you had the phone?
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

All of my other keys work just fine. It's just the standby/mute button, and when that button stops working, the trackball doesn't light up. This has been happening for just the past couple of days. My BB powers on at 6 a.m. and I notice by lunch time that the standby/mute button has become unresponsive. I have had the phone since Feb 2009.

Yes, I am using an 8330, and I am running v4.5.0.77.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    did anything about your software configuration change?
    any new apps? any deletion of apps? anything of that sort... did anything change at all?
    are you running verizon's OS?
    have you tried any others?
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

No software configuration changes, no new apps, no deletion of apps - no changes to the BB at all!

Yes, I am running Verizon's OS; no, I haven't tried any others because everything else is running fast and smoothly! Thanks for trying to figure this out. It's so weird because the BB is perfect in any other way. I even have good battery life.