Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is not a new policy for AT&T. It was like this while they were ... General Blackberry forum

mbranscum no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2161A8BC

Re: Stand Behind Your Product!

Advertisement

This is not a new policy for AT&T. It was like this while they were still Cingular. If the phone is 30 days or less old, you talke it to the store. Over 30 days, you call XBM. I have had a few refurb replacements and you cannot tell they are refurbs.

More important, they carry the same warranty as your original phone, so I don't understand why you are geting so upset. AT&T will stand behind the phone.
    Follow me on Twitter

Cool Smartphone User Guy

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by Toddboy71 View Post
    Hmmm I think you're overstating a wee bit. If you're a valued customer and are nice 99% of the time you will be treated fairly. If you're a leech and ask for more than deserved or if you're rude, you get zilch.
    I concur!

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I concur!

Gotta concur as well0
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

showtime no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Quote Originally Posted by Toddboy71 View Post
    Hmmm I think you're overstating a wee bit. If you're a valued customer and are nice 99% of the time you will be treated fairly. If you're a leech and ask for more than deserved or if you're rude, you get zilch.

PREACH!!!!

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

Once again, this was simply the person who picked up the phone call at the call center. I have several friends who have purchased refurbs over the phone. And in every case they looked and worked as new. An incredibly good way to purchase the latest phones at super low prices.

A technique I've been employing more and more as AT&T attempts to keep up with the demand for more call center employees, is as follows: In the rare event that I get someone who seems less than fully trained, experienced, knowledgeable or willing to do the right thing, I simply say thanks and hang up. I immediately call back and end up getting someone who is indeed interested in taking care of their customers. It's fast easy and you end up with what you want.

Also just in case I want to define what AT&T considers a refurb and just what you get when you receive one. Here is the link that explains the benefits: AT&T Refurbished Units

In addition they are very popular so one must watch daily to see what they have, as an example yesterday they were selling refurbished Curve 8300 models for just $49.99 what a deal!
    I completely agree with the hanging up part, and getting someone new. I don't do it to be rude..but I DON'T have an hour to explain something to someone who doesn't understand my problem or how to fix it. (and no offense, but it is very frustrating when I get someone who's english I can't understand)

inkwirer no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2404b3ff

MAKE THE SYSTEM WORK FOR YOU. Email me at inkwirer@gmail.com and I will tell you how you can get a brand new 8310 in a sealed box from the same carrier that is giving you a hard time. This is not a business proposal.

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4

First I'd like to point out that I do like ATT (for the most part),I have been with them for a couple of years and have been better than verizon and nextel for me in many ways, however I disagree with the way they handled my phone calls, just as the 2nd post above this says, I shouldn't have to be calling and hanging up several times to get some that can listen, I was never in any of my 7 calls to att anything else but patient and soft spoken.
    Now, let me re adress the issues:

1-the blackberry stopped sending/receiving any bis data due to a software issue and a RIM rep called it defective at 34 days new, after 3 days of troubleshooting.

2-because of the 30 day mark, I could no longer exchange the phone instantly at an att store and had to deal with Att warranty dept wich said to me they would mail me a refurb.

3-i would expect to receive a refurbished phone if I broke mine or if anything happened in the long run.

4-att coulndt give me a refurb phone at an att store it had to be mailed and the holiday and long weekend were on the way.
    5-after thinking about all this I still think att does this because RIM allows it by not standing behind their product. Or, how
    Many of you would like to pay top dollar for an item that needs to be returned after 34 days, regardless of the warranty replacement?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

twillingham no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240C83A8
    How did you get the carrier to sell you the phones at a lower price even though you were eligible for an upgrade
    Please allow me to jump in and offer some thoughts and experiences with AT&T.

1) Understand that I am NOT sticking up for them, simply being honest and reporting my experiences over a period of years.

2) I also use T-Mobile as my secondary carrier as I have a few lines to share amongst my collection of phones.

3) I've tried them all and find AT&T the very best (for me) Period.

Best Customer Service
    Best Coverage, Signal Strength, and Clarity
    Great choice of phones
    Very friendly reps.
    Easy to get good pricing on phones even when NOT eligible for upgrades.
    Just this year I have purchased 3 BlackBerrys, and 7 other types of phones from them and not once did I pay the full upgrade price.
    If they make a mistake on my bill, they always offer a credit in airtime in addition to removing the charges that were posted by mistake.
    Finally they always thank me for my business, without fail.
    I remain a very happy AT&T customer.

I believe it's all in how you approach them. I am simply calm, pleasant, stated the issue I was calling about, or when in the store, inquiring about and they have taken care of me every time with courtesy, speed and efficiency

The only time I could not see AT&T working for someone is if the coverage in their area was better with another carrier.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by twillingham View Post
    How did you get the carrier to sell you the phones at a lower price even though you were eligible for an upgrade
    Great question. I have been asked this before and usually get flamed by people who just don't get it, are jealous, or simply want to dump their anger out. A shame that people must be so negative and closed minded. Just a statement of my experience, not only here but in other forums as well.

However as a fellow business owner myself I understand how much profit is built into these devices. Even when they are sold through carriers that offer them far below the retail price. Thus, I call in and simply negotiate in a pleasant, respectful way. I ask for what I want, and if they say no, then I ask for a supervisor, as in many cases the first person that answers the call has no authority to adjust pricing. I explain that I have a high lifetime value to them as I'm not threatening to leave if they will not give me what I want, instead I appeal to their common sense and I call to their attention some obvious aspects of the call. Like
    1) I'm not being rude, or complaining about the service, or blaming them for some problem which I caused, or a failure on my part for not reading the manual.
    2) I'm simply calling in and asking for favorable pricing as I like to try different phones from time to time.
    3) Since the majority of the calls they receive are from irate difficult people, they are usually quite eager to help a nice customer.

I go on to ask for a price which is usually anywhere from 25% below the upgrade price to as much as 50% off, depending on how long the phone has been out and the demand for it. In some cases I have ended up getting the phone for free. Yes... free. I'm not bragging, again just sharing my experience and what can be accomplished by being pleasant, easy to work with, and not giving up at the first no I hear.

Hope this helps you.
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by rogernmonica View Post
    I completely agree with the hanging up part, and getting someone new. I don't do it to be rude..but I DON'T have an hour to explain something to someone who doesn't understand my problem or how to fix it. (and no offense, but it is very frustrating when I get someone who's english I can't understand)
    I understand, respect and agree with your comments above.

This is how I reframe it and choose to see it:

1) AT&T is obviously a very huge company with thousands of employees.
    2) As a large scale business owner I know how hard it is to keep a large work force trained, courteous, and motivated.
    3) As far as being easy to understand, we live in a diverse world, and the call centers are populated by that same diverse group of people. (therefore I cannot understand some of them either, so I call back)
    4) As such, it is what it is, a fact of life, something that cannot be changed, therefore I do not let that upset me.
    5) It's worth it to me (even though, like you I hate to waste time on the phone) if I must make a rather lengthy call to get what I want. A fair resolution to the issue at hand.
    6) In turn while I may have invested an hour or more on the phone, it's been worth it. As an example: recently I got a brand new BlackBerry 8310 for free, by simply being patient, and clear in what it would take to make me happy after everything I had been through (like the lengthy period of time on the phone). In addition this is not the first time that I have been provided with a free or significantly discounted high end phone.

At the end of the call, they were thanking me for my business and seemed as happy as I was, at the outcome. Given a chance AT&T always comes through, at least in my personal experience of over 8 years. (yes, even when it was called Cingular).

So for an hours worth of my time, I ended up with a free BlackBerry 8310. A very fair exchange in my opinion. Especially since I pay them a significant amount of money each month for my plan, which includes more than one line, all with data, text and other fees such as tax.

I stick with AT&T because at the end of the day, I'm a phone enthusiast with many phones, lines and require stellar coverage. All of which AT&T provides.

Cheers!

BB7290grl74 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    243AE48

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I find that I have to agree with Archer on the benefits of being polite.I have had T-Mobile for three + years, have been a good customer with high monthly bills and I am constantly upgrading.They are far more likely to meet you halfway if you are nice, level-headed and do not expect too much. Unfortunately, people these days feel they are entitled to everything regardless of whether or not it is deserved. This inevitably ruins it for those of us who simply want a fair solution to an honest problem.

RIMGuy69 no está en línea Stack level 1
    RIM makes the BlackBerry. AT&T buys the BlackBerry from RIM. AT&T now owns the BlackBerry.

RIM does not. RIM cannot tell AT&T what to do with a device it owns.

Quite simple/

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4
    Quote Originally Posted by RIMGuy69 View Post
    RIM makes the BlackBerry. AT&T buys the BlackBerry from RIM. AT&T now owns the BlackBerry.

RIM does not. RIM cannot tell AT&T what to do with a device it owns.

Quite simple/
    That was exactly my point.I completely disagree with that practice...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12