Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok. I'm am looking forward to getting a new BB for Christmas (I currently have ... General Blackberry forum

guitarfreak846 no está en línea Stack level 3

Stackers!!!! I need your advice!

Advertisement

Ok. I'm am looking forward to getting a new BB for Christmas (I currently have an 8100 with no data plan), and I need suggestions.

Things to notice:

I'm on T-Mobile

I live in Nashville, which means no 3G here for awhile...

I want a BB that won't feel so outdated in a about half a year

Since I'm 16...I don't really pay for my phone bill (parents do), so I'm still kind of arguing with them about getting the BB unlimited Add-on to my BB

I wanted to get a G1, but since I have another year in my contract with T-Mobile so it will be VERY expensive to upgrade. So I'm looking into getting another BB to replace my outdated 8100.

Choices:

Curve 8320: I love the keyboard and screen size compared to my 8100, and it has wifi

Pearl 8120: Basically what I have but with wifi...and I'm not a huge fan of SureType

Pearl 8220 Flip: Not really my style, but has wifi and 4.6 OS.

I'm not gong to get a Curve 8900...if I'm gonna wait, I'll get the first 3G-enabled BB T-mobile has to offer.

I'm currently leaning towards the 8320, but what do y'all think?

EDIT:

One more thing...Will the 8320 and 8120 has 4.6 OS in the future?

staytru no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    248c5f2c
    8320 all the way, keyboard & screen size, with wifi, thats for now bcuz u said your not gonna wait for the 8900 which most likely will b the first T-Mo 3g enabled if there smart, long story short the curve is worth it until the 8900 which will also come with os4.6, stop wasting and go get it while its hot, lol

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I would get 8220 as it has all you need and it will not be outdated as it is brand new and there is no need for 3G anyway. 8320 is great, but sadly it won't be getting 4.6 from the looks of it. If you don't mind you current screen size and like the suretype, go with 8220. But if you really need the keyboard, only then head down to 8320. Bescdies it is kinda silly to get a last gen blackberry and hope it won't be outdated!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneKam View Post

I would get 8220 as it has all you need and it will not be outdated as it is brand new and there is no need for 3G anyway. 8320 is great, but sadly it won't be getting 4.6 from the looks of it. If you don't mind you current screen size and like the suretype, go with 8220. But if you really need the keyboard, only then head down to 8320. Bescdies it is kinda silly to get a last gen blackberry and hope it won't be outdated!
    The 8320 only came out a lil over a year ago and the 8900 doesn't even have a release date yet. lol

I don't know...flipphones have NEVER been my type...I'll have to head over to the T-mobile store and try out the flip. But for right now... the 8320 looks pretty nice

Another question...

How much are these phones in-contract?

sugarspicebaby1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    In contract - you will pay retail for them. Unless you are due for an upgrade (usually every yr or so) they may offer you a discount.

I love my Pearl and like many tend to lean away from flip phones (too many issues) regardless I would make sure that you get a good data plan and extend the warranty (either with your cellular co. or with another provider like Square Trade )

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    Maybe blackberry storm? it wont run on 3g but it will run on tmo since its dual band GSM and version network, im 16 myself, and i have a 100$ bill limit if its more i gotta pay my dad (but i also got a tmo line with ma friends pay ). Myself i own bold, 8220, 8310/20 and 8100, and from them all i like the 8220 more than any of them. i dont use suretype on it since multitap to me seems way faster and i type lil weird. im probabbly getting the storm for xmas if it comes out by then, than maybe javelin and magnum...
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    The Storm is a CDMA device, not GSM.

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    The Storm is a CDMA device, not GSM.
    it is CDMA but it will work on gsm networks also if its unclocked
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    You don't unlock CDMA phones

You have to Register the ESN on the new network.

volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    If you like the 8320, go for that.

Female_MC no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2C570
    I have an 8320, if you like go with it. I am also waiting for the Javelin, I don't really like the Pearl Flip either.

Quote Originally Posted by volscian View Post
    If you like the 8320, go for that.

angelzrage no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~curve. An 8820 is cool if ya don't mind not havin a camera. Then again ya can use ya pearl as a camera.

Instantz no está en línea Stack level 3
    I would get the 8320 if I was you. [: I have the 8330 with Verizon.
    -MOTO*DROID- *Verizon Wireless*

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    8320 is the perfect phone. I would choose that, and search the stacks For Sale forum, or try Craigslist.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast