Hi Group, I'm a new Sprint 8830 owner and have the Sprint Power Vision for ... General Blackberry forum

tbonanno no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Sprint On Demand with Power Vision for BB Question

Advertisement

Hi Group,

I'm a new Sprint 8830 owner and have the Sprint Power Vision for BB plan ($30). It is suppose to come with unlimited Sprint Navigation and also "On Demand" in addition to the unlimited email, text, data, etc. On the Sprint Store web link which came on the phone, the On Demand link refers to a 14 day trial ? So is it really free with the Power Vision BB plan or is there a charge after the trial ? Shows the same "14 day trial" on the Sprint Navigation link ??? This is confusing. Are some of services on the "On Demand" menu free and others pay ?

I've talked to Sprint rep about the Navigation, but I'm not sure they really knew. They said if I got charged for the Navigation to call them back.

Just wondering what other Sprint 8830 owners have found with this BB Power Vision plan. I have to admit, the plan appears to be pretty sweet.

Thanks,

Tony
    Tony Bonanno Photography, LLC
    Santa Fe, New Mexico USA

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    i believe there is a charge after the 14 days but doesnt sprint have that everything unlimited plan for 99$/month now?

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by Virex View Post
    i believe there is a charge after the 14 days but doesnt sprint have that everything unlimited plan for 99$/month now?
    yes sprint has the simply everything plan. This includes on demand and navigation. I have this plan and both dont cost me anything extra.

This is the plan that is listed on the sprint website:

This pack is perfect for those who want to get their personal email on a BlackBerry without needing to access a BlackBerry Enterprise Server. The BlackBerry Pack includes:
    • BlackBerry Internet Service - Set up to 10 ISP (imap/pop3) email accounts.
    • Sprint® Navigation - Get UNLIMITED directions, see and hear your progress on a moving map.
    • Unlimited web browsing/search.
    • On Demand - News, sports, weather and more.
    • Unlimited text messages.
    • Unlimited data access.
    • Also, available exclusively on the 8130 by BlackBerry:
      • Sprint TV - Watch CNN, FOX Sports, Disney Channel, The Weather Channel, E!, NFL Network and Sprint Exclusive Entertainment.
      • 99˘ Wireless Music Downloads - Wirelessly download your favorite songs from the Sprint Music StoreSM for only 99˘.
    • Phone as modem is available for $15.00. Please contact customer care to add this to your account.

Therefore you should have both included in your $30. I would use them as need be. The navigation program should be configured so when you log in it knows its your account and doesnt ask you if you want to pay for it. I would assume On Demand is the same. If there is a problem i would call customer service back and explain to them. Some services may take a day or two to become activated. Hope that helps. Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Happy BBing.
    "T-Dub"
    T- Mo: BB 9700, 8900, 8220
    Sprint: BB 8330, 8830, 8130, 8703, 7250

But there's a beautiful view of the end of the world from the pier.....

kreesedup no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bc9b43
    Yes, the navigation and on demand are included in the BB Pro pack @ $30. There are features in the on demand that are by subscription. The free version is included though there are extras like the dictionary that are extra or you have to subscribe. I have also heard of the Sprint Navigation (telenav) asking for cc info from people that have either the "Simply Eve" or Pro pack, the plan is not attached correctly on the back end.The doppler (radar) is excelent with the on demand same movie times etc. etc.
    Last edited by kreesedup; 04-02-2008 at 01:26 PM.
    "This life almost didn't happen"

tbonanno no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks everyone for the replies. I think I've got the navigation and free "on demands" working without having to supply any cc info. Will see what my next bill looks like...

cheers,

Tony
    Tony Bonanno Photography, LLC
    Santa Fe, New Mexico USA