I just received the following email on my Sprint BB 8330: "Due to a new ... General Blackberry forum

04Taco no está en línea Stack level 3

Sprint BES 4.1.6

Advertisement

I just received the following email on my Sprint BB 8330:

"Due to a new version upgrade, we are informing you that Blackberry email will be impaired or delayed between the hours of 12 a..m and 6 a.m., Saturday, September 6. The Blackberry Enterprise Server Administrators will be upgrading the platform to 4.1.6, stopping the services, and performing the upgrade, monitoring and restoring service at this time to stay current with the latest version from the vendor.

If you experience any problems after the maintenance window is over, first check your data connectivity, then reconcile now. If you are still unsuccessful, remove the battery and retry."

Looks like HTML email might not be too far away while on a BES. From what I have seen, 4.1.6 supports HTML. Can't wait. I am not sure if everyone on the Sprint BES gets this message or not, as I am a Sprint employee.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    You must me on BES at work. That is for that only. For most people on BIS as long as you gpgrade to 4.5 and resend your service books you get html email.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    HTML email for BES has been there, unfortunately just not for you. Enjoy the new features BES 4.1.6 beholds!

Some of our larger accounts are on the Sprint BES. I guess that is why no one really thought that much about this as I did. The only other thing I can think of is that maybe this means we might be close to the official release of Sprint OS 4.5. I am not sure what else is in the BES upgrade other than the ability to handle HTML emails.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Taco View Post
    Some of our larger accounts are on the Sprint BES. I guess that is why no one really thought that much about this as I did. The only other thing I can think of is that maybe this means we might be close to the official release of Sprint OS 4.5. I am not sure what else is in the BES upgrade other than the ability to handle HTML emails.
    Here are a few of the updates, but they require OS 4.5 on the device.

Remote Email Search and Download
    Calendar Free/Busy lookup
    Native File Email Attachment Download
    Attachment View and Edit with Documents to Go

I think there are more than what I have added, but a lot are administrative changes for the BES Admin.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Cool. Thanks for the info.