Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by Leetneo I know that's what i don't understand why they don't do ... General Blackberry forum

04Taco no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Leetneo View Post
    I know that's what i don't understand why they don't do that in the mean time...
    From what I can come up with, it would be the expense of rolling it out. Phones made today for EVDO are built under the Rev 0 or Rev A standard. That is where the "1X" comes from on the phone. It stands for 1 carrier. Phones aren't designed to support the 2X (2 carrier), 3X (3 carrier) standards and it would be too much time and cost for a temporary upgrade. The Rev C will be the easiest when it becomes available.

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Taco View Post
    From what I can come up with, it would be the expense of rolling it out. Phones made today for EVDO are built under the Rev 0 or Rev A standard. That is where the "1X" comes from on the phone. It stands for 1 carrier. Phones aren't designed to support the 2X (2 carrier), 3X (3 carrier) standards and it would be too much time and cost for a temporary upgrade. The Rev C will be the easiest when it becomes available.

yeah i thought about that too, i guess saving that money and putting it in to LTE is the way to go, seems most cost effective at the moment

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    So why can't we have a world-wide standard for cell phones already? Is is because big corps don't want to lose money or something?

I don't quite understand this.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tbhuang2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemunoz View Post
    Who cares? All the systems work.....speed is relative........who cares?

The only things that matter = do you like your carrier, phone and service?

If you answer yes then everything else is jibberish being argued by people who have zero lives...........
    Wow... just wow. Comments like this really don't belong in this discussion. Sorry, I just had to point out this blatantly ignorant and irrelevant statement.
    BB Wishlist:
    -Gmail BIS integration with an effective 2-way read/unread sync solution.
    -More capable integrated alarm.

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrykku27 View Post
    So why can't we have a world-wide standard for cell phones already? Is is because big corps don't want to lose money or something?

I don't quite understand this.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thats what I am saying as well... that's why I started this thread.

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    We pretty much do have a world standard minus like 4 countries :P The standard is GSM haha

manapuaman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f011d6
    One thing I have noticed with AT&T is I can text and talk on the blackberry unlike the other AT&T phones. Is this also the case with other carriers? Its kinda like 3g. Here in Hawaii AT&T is faster than Verizon and Sprint but slower than some of the other speed tests around the country. Anyone know why that is?

Slovak65 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by dubai_bb View Post
    http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2...ellphones.html

For how long will Verizon and Sprint be the last ones.

I knew it was a matter of time.
    I don't think they will ever sell out to gsm, because they just plain work in areas in America where gsm just has no signal at all

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Slovak65 View Post
    I don't think they will ever sell out to gsm, because they just plain work in areas in America where gsm just has no signal at all
    They wouldn't ''sell out'' and start using GSM towers. It would make sense that they will be ''changing'' over and using the current towers which they have.

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180
    Quote Originally Posted by kieranwest View Post
    We pretty much do have a world standard minus like 4 countries :P The standard is GSM haha
    I was waiting for your two cents.... Hahaha so you're saying just like Metric system - the US is once again stubbornly lagging behind?
    Hey I just noticed the word lagging has 3G's in it. Wish I had 3G's
    Lol

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Quote Originally Posted by dubai_bb View Post
    They wouldn't ''sell out'' and start using GSM towers. It would make sense that they will be ''changing'' over and using the current towers which they have.

yeah, moving them over to LTE towers is what there gonna do, why take down a nationwide foot print to start a new one? makes little sence to me>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123