Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2...ellphones.html That article states that Bell and Telus (the 2 CDMA carriers in Canada) will ... General Blackberry forum

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up Sprint and Verizon the last ones to abandon CDMA?

Advertisement

http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2...ellphones.html

That article states that Bell and Telus (the 2 CDMA carriers in Canada) will most likely be following the lead of other few remaining CDMA carriers around the world (Australia, South Korea)and switching to GSM. The article points out valid reasons as to why; such as people switching carriers for better phones (BOLD, iphone, Nokia), CDMA carriers missing out on the roaming income, people being able to switch carriers and use their phones still etc....
    They left out the most important fact.. better technology.. capable of faster data speeds.....data & voice at the same time..

For how long will Verizon and Sprint be the last ones.

I knew it was a matter of time.

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB
    I just saw this as well, they should just tough it out

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by cwax View Post
    I just saw this as well, they should just tough it out
    But why, more competition is better for the consumer. Dont you want better prices, better phones?

PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB
    I get all my BBs for free, and CMDA speed crushes GSM speed

I get all my BBs for free, and CMDA speed crushes GSM speed
    Those days are over. HSDPA is faster than EVDO plus voice and data at the same time.
    You just havent seen the power of HSDPA yet because its new and are just starting to get in the HSDPA phones.

PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB
    But it isn't yet, and then there will be 4G blah blah blah

But it isn't yet, and then there will be 4G blah blah blah
    it is.. you are just last in the developed world to get the upgrade for GSM, blah blah blah and 4G GSM will blow away 4G EVDO. blah blah blah
    Buddy its gonna happen. Face it.

I am willing to offer you counseling if it really bothers you that much.

PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB
    hah apparently it bothers you, I couldn't care less

What bothers me is people like yourself on forums like this posting incorrect information. Then other people who dont know and aren't willing to research into it go off and regurgitate the incorrect information which you post.

I bid you good day sir.
    Last edited by dubai_bb; 07-24-2008 at 12:09 PM.

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Like how its a fight first off, second there switching to LTE, like the rest of the world will, vzw will follow. Sprint, well there convinced wimax is the way to go.....just a tid bit more, evdo-rev c is pretty fast if they were to release it. Also how long has evdo been out vs hsdpa? They should have had it out long ago my man.

Quote Originally Posted by Leetneo View Post
    . Also how long has evdo been out vs hsdpa? They should have had it out long ago my man.
    I dont know what the deal is back home or why it took so long with at&t & rogers, but HSDPA has been out a while in other places in the world bro. And you still cant compare the two because HSDPA is capable of much more like video calling, voice and data at the same time and is faster.

There will always be a fight when it comes to gsm vs. evdo because both sides are convinced theirs is better. Unfortunately the only thing you EVDO guys have going for you is better reception (in North America) And that will change area by area. I noticed a huge difference back home in Canada this year from when I was home last year in regards to GSM reception. I even had reception in some areas where EVDO didnt. ( a first even for me)
    Last edited by dubai_bb; 07-24-2008 at 12:29 PM.

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    That's what I mean, Rogers and Att have been taking there sweet time and getting there butts spank'd on data speeds, now yes overseas its been out for ever, just like there internet there is faster then in NA...my point is where I live, now evdo is capable of the same vid calling and such, they just don't see a need to release it, do u really wanna wake up after a night of drinking and have someone looking at u first thing...seems lame to me, if u wanna vid chat get on skype....lol

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends
    Quote Originally Posted by dubai_bb View Post
    Those days are over. HSDPA is faster than EVDO plus voice and data at the same time.
    You just havent seen the power of HSDPA yet because its new and are just starting to get in the HSDPA phones.
    right now EVDO is faster because yes wcdma max speeds are faster but if you know so much then you would know that the back door speeds r low. BACK DOOR= the amount of people log on. EVDO REV-O BACK door is way faster,on paper W-CDMA is the best,but in the real world not so good yet,and for them to put the max speeds out,they would need all new cell towers so. just a fact.
    Mike

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Verizon announced at the CTIA (and probably before that) that they were going to go LTE for the next generation of technology. They are going to move from CDMA to LTE as they advance the network. As was stated earlier, Sprint will be moving to Wi-Max. Yes, the US is the last to move off of CDMA but they have made plans to move to other technologies for 4G and announced those already.

Zo

Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek View Post
    Verizon announced at the CTIA (and probably before that) that they were going to go LTE for the next generation of technology. They are going to move from CDMA to LTE as they advance the network. As was stated earlier, Sprint will be moving to Wi-Max. Yes, the US is the last to move off of CDMA but they have made plans to move to other technologies for 4G and announced those already.

Zo
    THANK YOU AMIGOTEK! Now it all makes sense. All these guys always talking about evdo/cdma 4G... there is no such thing. All the CDMA networks are switching over to UMTS for 4G. Like you said, except sprint and their wimax.

So Verizon and altel are also jumping ship. LTE is the next generation of UMTS/w-CDMA (GSM).

"Alltel, Verizon, the newly formed China Telecom/Unicom and Japan's KDDI have announced they have chosen LTE as their 4G network technology. This is significant, because these are CDMA carriers and are switching networking technologies to match what will likely be the 4G standard worldwide. [16] They have chosen to take the natural GSM evolution path as opposed to the 3GPP2 CDMA evolution path UMB."

"US mobile operator Verizon Wireless is planning to switch its network technology from US-based CDMA2000 to European-based W-CDMA when it rolls out its next-generation broadband network."

http://www.electronicsweekly.com/Art...rom-europe.htm
    Last edited by dubai_bb; 07-24-2008 at 04:00 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast