Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by StaceyRVC blah blah blah... I have a yankee tattoo... http://hometown.aol.com/staceysback That's a ... General Blackberry forum

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Sports Applications

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyRVC
    blah blah blah... I have a yankee tattoo... http://hometown.aol.com/staceysback
    That's a "SK"ankee tattoo!

PIN/ID
    ask

Larry, if you find the app, please let us know. I love most sports!

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Thumbs up Re: Sports Applications

Here's one for Pro Football >
    Pro Football Schedule 2006
    http://www.handango.com/blackberry/P...opSectionId=-1

PIN/ID
    ask

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Will do Jim. Thanks CFF!

leemcarthur no está en línea Stack level 2

Hey All.

Some of you on this thread have seen our application "4INFO Mobile" for blackberry. See the thread:

blackberryforums.pinstack.com/showthread.php?t=4985

Here are the sports releated features of the client:
    • Sports News From USA TODAY - Updated during the day
    • Live Scores - Updated every 15-30 seconds
    • Current Standings
    • Team Stats - Past Performance, upcoming games
    • Live Fantasy Player Stats - Currently for MLB and PGA golf
    Currently, we only have live data for MLB and PGA, however, as each season comes into play, we will have NFL, NHL, NBA, NCAAF, NCAAB, and NASCAR is also coming soon.

This app allows you to save full rosters of players for quick access to their live in-game stats, OR their previous games performance.

You may download the client OTA here:

www.4info.net/downloads/fourinfo.jad

Or, you can download the desktop installer from Handango here:

http://www.handango.com/SoftwareCata...=All&Ntt=4info

Please let me know what you think. This application is free.

PS - We are planning on building a premium fantasy sports application for the October/November timeframe, that also (obviously) supports Blackberry. When I complete the specs, I will publish them to you all and get your feedback.

Many thanks,

Lee McArthur
    Product Manager
    4INFO - Be in the know, while on the go.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Thanks Lee. Very interested to learn about your premium fantasy sports application. Will it be for fantasy leagues only? I'll have to dig more in to 4Info's sports.

The idea, is that it would be an app for sports nuts in general, but specifically designed around the concept of real-time, high value data surrounding fantasy requirements.

4INFO is designed around getting you the content you need from a mobile device, first shot. Not to provide you with links to sites that *may* contain the content you were looking for. We allow you to SMS-Text us for content (i.e: Text L. Tomlinson to 44636/4INFO), use our wap site: wap.4info.net, or, use our mobile client as I have been discussing in this thread.

Surrounding this premium fantasy app, there are a couple of key peices I am thinking of:

1. Team Manager tools (The info you need to decide who to dress, who to drop, who to pick up off of the FA pool).

Tools would include:
    A)Real-time, "in-game" content: Fumbles, goals, injuries, sacks, strikeouts, etc... This content can be updated in realtime on the client (assuming it's open), or can use our existing mobile alerts service to send you notifications (L. Tomlison just scored a touchdown).
    B) Leage editorial content from existing providers (Fanball.com, covers.com, SI, etc..)

2. Integration into existing online fantasy leages for roster management (Think Yahoo, etc..), live drafts, etc...

3. The creation of "mobile device centric" fantasy sports leagues. No more desktop. The entire leauge exists on groups of handsets. Imagine a "live" draft where you don't have to actually be chained to a desktop, where your device would notify you it's your turn to draft a player. Also envision getting a notification to login and set your roster for the week, etc...

This idea isn't fully baked yet. It has promise, as the devices are now powerful enough, and intuitive enough to allow for applications like this to exist.

For an idea of the types of content 4INFO has access to for this application, check our existing SMS alerts product (Free alerts, and premium) here:

4info.net/editAlert.do?dispatch=add&editAlertServiceId=3

I would really love as much feedback as I can get from everyone on this topic. Nothing like this exists, and it is a huge hole in the marketplace for sports nuts!

Many thanks,

Lee McArthur
    4INFO - Be in the know, while on the go.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Thanks Lee. It sounds like a great product. The fantasy sports leagues are huge and don't have something like this for them. I think many will find it very useful. You may want to put together a poll of Pinstack users to get a sense for the number (%-agewise) that partake in fantasy leagues. BTW, I think you need 8 more posts until you can create a poll. I can walk you through it if you like.

icegrill no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2415259c

i'm getting a failed connection when i download OTA. any ideas?
    holla atcha boy

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Thumbs up Re: Sports Applications

I just got the app > Pro FootballSchedule 2006 by:BerrySchedules.com!!
    It works great, I recommend it highly!!!

julieo no está en línea Stack level 1

Lee - I get the same failed connection error as icegrill when I try the 4INFO app as well. Any comments or suggestions? Thanks.

PS - The Pro-Football Schedule IS AWESOME!!!!!!! No more copying & pasting from NFL.com to Outlook this season. If you love football, you gotta get this!

MrKyoo no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by CoolFinalFan
    I just got the app > Pro FootballSchedule 2006 by:BerrySchedules.com!!
    It works great, I recommend it highly!!!
    A Pro Basketball Schedule 2006 would be great.

~MrKyoo
    ________
    ~MrKyoo

IceGrill/Julio

Are you getting that error when you try to goto that link to download the app, or do you get it once it has been installed? Let me know and I will figure it out.

I just tried the link myself, and it seems to be working fine from my 8700.

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by julieo
    Lee - I get the same failed connection error as icegrill when I try the 4INFO app as well. Any comments or suggestions? Thanks.

PS - The Pro-Football Schedule IS AWESOME!!!!!!! No more copying & pasting from NFL.com to Outlook this season. If you love football, you gotta get this!

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

GROAN... did I see NASCAR coming soon?? Let me know when that's out, cuz i'm so there then!! I love all sports but not to the point of obsession like I do with NASCAR. Kevin Harvick will one day understand that he must love me and no one else *freaky laugh*.. just kidding.. mebbe.. kinda a scary thought huh? I'm not really this weird in reality.. mebbe. Anyway.. gonna go light some candles under the NASCAR shrine now!
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast