Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A community can only be as good as it's Members. I've been browsing though threads ... General Blackberry forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Special thanks to all PIN Stackers!

Advertisement

A community can only be as good as it's Members. I've been browsing though threads last few days checking to see the quality of content and the general atmosphere and I'd like to say kudos to all of you. It's especially AMAZING the low level of unanswered threads that we have here and the HIGH % of users who browse and find what they need without having to post. Let keep this up!

Unanswered threads = 0.3%
    (More than 80% of which are non-questions type threads - for sale BB's, how-2's, guides etc)

Many thanks to all of you who've supported each others' BlackBerry needs and for making this community a truly Professional one. The above facts being only a small part the whole picture.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Special thanks to all PIN Stackers!

And Hayden,

Thanks to you for providing the facilities and the guidance that makes this a forum so enjoyable to participate in. Without your philosophy of responding to questions with answers, it just wouldn't the Best Blackberry Forum on the Net.

Again, Thanks for providing such a GREAT place to exchange information.

Richard.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Thank you for the kind words boss. If I may speak on behalf of all stackers, you make a great admin.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

yes you do make a great admin. i think we need a big round of applause for all the mods and pros who are the brains of this forum.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Clapping!!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

d_fisher no está en línea Stack level 3

No offense intended, but I think the stats are misleading. So Unanswered threads = 0.3%, but how many of those have only one response. I have seen a lot of threads with one response welcoming the new poster to the forum. The question wasn't answered, but now it doesn't show up as unanswered.

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

A lot of those threads that you see as only having one post, Thats because we took it into pin and walked them thru it. You just wouldnt believe how many people I have done this with opera mini. And N8 is another one who uses pin to help out stackers. Its just faster and easier to help someone one on one than to have 50 people all trying to help at once. Just an FYI.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Thanks Fisher. Post some links to some examples and we will jump on them. No forum can have 100% answered "questions". Let's be realistic A chronic problem here at pinstack? No. The percentage of answered questions given attention to on pinstack higher than most community forums? Yes

The 0.3% misleading? No. Feel free to suggest another method of calculating that wouldn't involve reading through 80,000 threads.

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

A forum can only be as good as it's admin and mods, and both of these are great here on Pinstack. Thank you all for your help.
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    We'll keep it up Hayden! As long as all the stackers remember that there is no such thing as a stupid question!

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

Thats right I7oobie, there are no stupid questions, only stupid people that ask them. Just kidding. I always found that amusing.
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Thumbs up Re: Special thanks to all PIN Stackers!

Thanks for the awesome forum here!!!

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

no thank you super mods!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by d_fisher
    No offense intended, but I think the stats are misleading. So Unanswered threads = 0.3%, but how many of those have only one response. I have seen a lot of threads with one response welcoming the new poster to the forum. The question wasn't answered, but now it doesn't show up as unanswered.
    I don't think any offense would be taken, but as john and N8 mentioned, there is a lot of one on one help given here. And since this site is not as dependent on the Search Function as some sites, it doesn't really impact other users with the same problem. We'll just start over, either in the posts or by PIN.

And one of the things we tend to use the welcome for, even if we can't answer the question, is to bump the thread back up higher on the new posts search feature, so that someone with the answer might be able to see it. I try to say that, but sometimes just don't have the time to spend.

Just my $0.02, but it does seem to work.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05

hey man, this forum has been invaluable tool for me and has helped me with many issues. What is even better i have met someone that is truly amazing on here. she is everything i have ever wanted. Thanks for a great experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast