hello again is me first problem i wish to add tones to my blackberry 7290, ... General Blackberry forum

e3pa no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D251C3

Sorry Need Help

Advertisement

hello again is me first problem i wish to add tones to my blackberry 7290, and when i try to use the media manager it gives me this error THE CONNECTED BLACKBERRY DEVICE DOES NOT SUPPORT TRANSFERRING MEDIA FILES. VERIFY THAT THE DEVICE HAS BLACKBERRY DEVICE SOFTWARE VERSION 4.2 or LATER. please HELP!

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Re: Sorry Need Help

Without OS 4.2 or better you will not be able to use DM to transfer media to your Berry...

Don't believe that the 7290...will be upgraded with the latest 4.2 OS!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

e3pa no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D251C3

so is there any other way for me to transfer data or that's it i am stuck where i am at?

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

I don't believe that you have media capabilities on your device. Unfortunatly, unless you "upgrade" to a 8100 or 8800 series berry, you're pretty much stuck with the current capabilities of your device.

Quote Originally Posted by UH8ME
    Without OS 4.2 or better you will not be able to use DM to transfer media to your Berry...

Don't believe that the 7290...will be upgraded with the latest 4.2 OS!

If you have 4.1 on the 7290 you can transfer pictures using the Ascendo Photo program. There's a free version floating around here at the Stacks, but I don't know where it is off the top of my head. There is a way to transfer ringtones to it, but my advice is to not try it -- because the 7290 is a mono device and, even though it's possible to transfer the tones, they won't play. BB 7290 is primarily a data device and really was never intended to appeal to multimedia users.