Doing a lot of typing on a standard computer keyboard at my beloved place of ... General Blackberry forum

Son-of-a-Skunk AutoText

Advertisement

Doing a lot of typing on a standard computer keyboard at my beloved place of employment. I type "cant" and get completely out of sorts because the computer doesn't automatically make it "can't". SonOfASkunk AutoText has Ruined my typing speed!!!!!

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    LoL Mark. Hang in there

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I know lmao, I am always trying to shift to put in periods too and get > instead!.......And I just got this new slightly curved keyboard so now between by dependence on Autotext and the different feel of the keyboard my typing is really a mess
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

mikedoan no está en línea Stack level 3
    I keep going the 'alt' 'M' for full stop too...
    or 'sym' 'L"' for '&' symbol...
    the other thing is I use the old 'autotext-to-emailsignature' trick (where you save your email signature as an autotext entry)... which never works on my PC.

though it's not as bad going between, sure-type (:read: Pearl) and PC...

It's amazing how reliant we become upon our aides.
    BB 7100g (R.I.P.)
    BB Pearl 8100 (R.I.P.)
    BB BOLD 9000 (on the shelf)
    BB STORM (R.I.P.)

iPhone4

Sam123gil no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    A.S.K.
    you said it. or even typing on my Curve coming from the pearl was the hardest thing I had to do.
    ~©®ĺ©kßë®®Ą~

the other thing is I use the old 'autotext-to-emailsignature' trick (where you save your email signature as an autotext entry)
    I never thought of this - good idea!

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    Doing a lot of typing on a standard computer keyboard at my beloved place of employment. I type "cant" and get completely out of sorts because the computer doesn't automatically make it "can't". SonOfASkunk AutoText has Ruined my typing speed!!!!!
    I know what you mean. It was driving me crazy, specially since I use Wordpad or Notepad on the PC and don't get the Microsoft auto-correct in those.

I've been using an app called PhraseExpress to take the place of autotext on the PC. It works in pretty much any application that has text fields and you can import your autotext from MS Office to start with (I didn't). You can also create custom entries (for instance I use 'w' for 'with' and 'wo' for without). It notes any programs that are running at the same time it is and you can choose to have the app monitor and auto-correct input in that app, or ignore that app (I don't really want it in Internet Explorer or some other apps, but do want it in Wordpad/Notepad).

It's free for home use. Commercial users are supposed to buy a licence (supposedly you get a 30 day trial period if you're using it for commercial use, but you may get nag screens during that time).

The site

http://www.phraseexpress.com/

A review/recommendation

http://www.webtechdaily.com/2008/10/...-productivity/

The PhraseExpress forums

http://www.phraseexpress.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=45

and the manual

http://www.phraseexpress.com/docs6/09/manual.htm

Highly recommend going over the manual and playing with the settings to get it optimized for your personal uses if you any of you decide to try it out.