This website is great and I am getting the hang of my 8700c since I ... General Blackberry forum

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4

Some more questions from a newer user (caller id and network)

Advertisement

This website is great and I am getting the hang of my 8700c since I got it yesterday. My first impressions: great, powerful little tool even though it will be used just for personal use. Larger than most phone I have had, so have to get used to that.

A few more questions. Is there caller ID where I can also see the name of the caller and not just the number for incoming calls? Also, it is recommended or necessary to turn off the network connection when not using the blackberry for long periods of time, especially night time?

Also, it was a piece of cake to set up my yahoo email. When I delete emails from my blackberry, how come they don't get deleted from my yahoo account when I go to my computer to check it?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Some more questions from a newer user (caller id and network)

Hi walds. To answer your questions:

A cell phone is not like a landline phone where the name of the person calling is shown on the caller id. A cell phone will only display the name of the caller by what you have them stored in your address book as, otherwise you will only see the number of the person.

When you are not using your BB and dont mind not being able to recieve calls then turn off the wireless, or simply turn of your BB. It will help save battery.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

walds, One other thing about Caller ID, if you have Content Protection, it won't show the Caller ID, just the number, as it won't decrypt your address book until you enter your password. Once your in, the correct name, if it's in your address book, will show in the logs.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4

Rcbjr, how do I set that up?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

It's in Options/Security Options/General Options. I don't use it but some people do. But it will make your BB display only the incoming Phone Number, even if the caller's number is in your Address book.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles