Seem like there is not many outlook users here . There is several people who ... General Blackberry forum

Ideasmiths no está en línea Stack level 1

Solution: Synchronising birthdays in Outlook 2007 Contact to Blackberry

Advertisement

Seem like there is not many outlook users here . There is several people who could not figure out how to synchronise the birthdays in their outlook contacts to the blackberry.

The short answer is that the birthdays are in date format when stored inside the outlook contacts and somehow the blackberry programmers didn't have a field with the date format in their contact application.

so the workaround is to make outlook copy the birthday information to a spare field (User1 to User 4) and convert it into a text format. Then map this User2 to the Blackberry userfield (eg User2). when done the birthday will show up nicely when you view the information of the contacts on your blackberry.

The step by step guide is detailed in my blog located at tinyurl.com/2g4dsr
    I don't have level 2 in Pinstack hence I can't post a url, please just copy and paste to your browser. I'll come back and update this post when I am upgraded in the future.

The solution will
    a) Modify a contact form to add in the birthday conversion
    b) automatically update the birthday to User2 fields
    c) Show you how to map this User2 field to the blackberry User2 field during synchronisation
    d) Convert your existing contacts from the built-in contact form to this new form

Please let me know if there are any bugs/comments.

I'm using Outlook 2007 with 7100
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 10-01-2007 at 04:27 AM.

LarryH no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Solution: Synchronising birthdays in Outlook Contact to Blackberry

This sounds like it works well. What I've done for years is simply enter birthdays as a Calendar event... as opposed to tying it directly to the contact. I enter it is an all day event (with no time) and set it to recur yearly. I simply call it "Sam's Birthday" or whatever. In addition, I set the reminder to 1 week ahead so I can start pestering myself to remember to get a gift.

I only wish the BB would mimic Outlook's snooze and allow me to snooze more than 30 mins. I tend to snooze those reminders a day at a time until I finally "do the right thing."

http://www.drinkswithlarryandlauren.com

ray244190 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    askme

Re: Solution: Synchronising birthdays in Outlook 2007 Contact to Blackberry

And i thought that you had to leave them in the calendar. will try this later when i have a few minutes to spare. Is there any way to do other info like this... anniversary. and such.
    Normal is but just a setting on a dryer

Quote Originally Posted by LarryH
    This sounds like it works well. What I've done for years is simply enter birthdays as a Calendar event... as opposed to tying it directly to the contact. I enter it is an all day event (with no time) and set it to recur yearly. I simply call it "Sam's Birthday" or whatever. In addition, I set the reminder to 1 week ahead so I can start pestering myself to remember to get a gift.

I only wish the BB would mimic Outlook's snooze and allow me to snooze more than 30 mins. I tend to snooze those reminders a day at a time until I finally "do the right thing."
    Well, outlook 'birthdays' and 'anniversary' was designed to automatically add in a calender event, but there is no reminder. I have also written a code that will add in that reminder automatically.

The BB when sync with the outlook birthday will allow you to snooze (that's the good news)

I'll see if I have time to update my blog with that solution. In the mean time, I need some 'trust' points to get up to level 2 so that I can post url or even a picture here

Re: Solution: Synchronising birthdays in Outlook 2007 Contact to Blackberry

Quote Originally Posted by ray244190
    And i thought that you had to leave them in the calendar. will try this later when i have a few minutes to spare. Is there any way to do other info like this... anniversary. and such.
    Lol, I have this problem for months and can't find any solution, so I fired up my programming books and did it. Yes you can do other too. For example, if you want to sync the anniversary just map it to user3 (I have updated the blog with that code, see comments following the blog)

There is only 4 spare fields in outlook and blackberry User 1 to 4. of course we can use other fields like addresses under (others), but this may not be safe.

hwnstyle21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31C83C17

I've tried using the method posted in the first post. Every new contact is setup correctly to include the birthday and anniversary. The problem is the macro that he give on his blog. It seems to work fine and I get the converting little box but when I sync nothing happens. No birthday or anniversary is sync'd. Has anyone gotten this to work? Thanks
    BB 8330 w/ SERO Voice Only, BIS, N/W @7pm, Pick3, Unl Text via Credits: $30 +$5 (Unl Incoming) + $7 (TEP)
    Pin: 31C83C17

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

There is a way to redefine user field, on BB, can't remember exactly. Can anyone chime in?
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1